“This restaurant made our xmas party!!”

Restaurant Botanica
Reserve with
Restaurant Botanica is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 73 Restaurants in Pokolbin
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Modern Australian yet regionally distinctive in style, the menu at Restaurant Botanica is focused on seasonality and freshness, perfectly complemented by an award-winning wine list and stunning views looking out across our private vineyard to the Brokenback Mountain Range. The restaurant's very own kitchen garden is the source of many of the herbs and vegetables that add a wholesome and healthy dimension to the dishes.
Quirindi, Australia
“This restaurant made our xmas party!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

The food, the service and the surrounds did not dissappoint......by far one of the most delicous meals we have all had in a long time! We were looked after sooooo well! Will definately be back! Thanks guys!

• Visited November 2012

• Korean first
Gerrards Cross, United Kingdom
“Excellent restaurant at Vineyard Estate in Hunter Valley”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Attractive restaurant with pleasant views and white tablecloths and napkins. Dinner was tasty with adequate portions and professional but friendly service.

Visited November 2012
Rutherford
“My favourite - Best Food and Best Place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

I have dined three times now at Restaurant Botanica and have loved every minute of each time.
Atmosphere - light and delightful.
Food - sensational and with flavours to die for.
I found the staff warm and inviting, and making each unique.

My all over experiences were 'Top Shelf'!!!

Sydney, Australia
“This is my favourite restaurant in the Hunter Valley, but dissappointed this time!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

Was back in the Hunter for a few days, so needless to say, I was definitely coming back to Botanica.
Upon our arrivial, I checked out their "vege garden" (near parking area). It looked wonderful; a wonderful garden, complete I noticed with blooming zucchini flowers. So immediately I wondered... do they serve them in the restaurant? It was a glorious evening and once seated, I asked about the flowers and were told yes... they are on the vegetarian menu. So my decision was made, my original thought of main/dessert flew out the window. Our entrees arrived, duck pate and my zucchini FLOWER! ONE! I could not believe it! I have had them many times around Australia and overseas .. ranging from 4 (bit too much) to 3 and one occassion 2, but they were big! However, considering Botanica sets 2 courses for $65, it made my entree the most expensive entree in Australia. The restaurant was more fully patrionised this night, so I am wondering, if this was a bit more pressure in the kitchen, because to be served only ONE zucchini flower and my beef (requested medium rare) was actually served rare, made me think, things are a bit rushed tonight! My guest thoroughly enjoyed her duck pate and pork belly. She said the "crackly" was delicious. Will I still go back yes, but I will not ever have again have Botanica,s ONE zucchini flower entree.

• Visited November 2012
SpicersVineyards, Manager at Restaurant Botanica, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on Restaurant Botanica. We are delighted to hear that Restaurant Botanica is your favourite place in the Hunter Valley, but at the same time, extremely disappointed to hear that your most recent visit was not the usual wonderful experience that you have been accustomed to.
I can completely understand your comments on the 'lone' Zucchini flower - its looks quite lonely in your picture I agree. As you discovered, the flowers come from our own garden and some times by the time they are picked they can be quite large. I believe the chefs had noted that in the past not all guests have gotten through more than one large zucchini flower so decided to stick with one large or two small flowers in the name of less waste. But as a team, in viewing your picture - the entire team agree that it certainly looks lonely and from now on will always place at least two flowers on the plate to keep each other company!
Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back next time and spoiling you and your guests rotten!

Kind Reagrds,
Rhiannon Hurtz
Restaurant Manager
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“favourite hunter restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

been here twice now and has impressed both times, extremely good value for money. the quality of the food is equal with the most expensive hunter valley restaurants but not nearly as expensive. the staff are always very accomodating and friendly and will always take note of a special occasion. we have been for our engagement and anniversary and both times we were congratulated with champagne.
the best bit about this restaurant is the amount of fresh produce they grow themselves and their sourdough.... it is seriously the best sourdough I have ever tasted, we thought of trying to steal the loaf they were cutting slices off... the restaurant looks out through glass windows onto the vines which is lovely and at night there are lights in the vines which makes it feel very romantice. we went on a wednesday night and it was full! so I would say popular with the locals as well as the tourists which is always a good sign. I would say we will dine here every time we visit the hunter. love it

Visited November 2012