“The best meal we have had this year!”
Review of The Beltree - CLOSED

The Beltree
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Relaxed Modern ItalianLunch Friday | Saturday | Sunday | MondayDinner Friday | Saturday | Sunday of a long weekendRelaxed LunchBYO wine Lunch only corkage $12 per btlDinner 2 | 3 | 5 course.Groups 10 & over Italian Table Menu 2 | 3 courseBoutique weddings and special occasions on request
Sydney, Australia
“The best meal we have had this year!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We went here for lunch on Monday and noticed that the premises had previously been the Margan restaurant prior to their move to Broke. We then perused our menus with some trepidation as we had a very disappointing lunch at Margan's on the previous day.

Well, what a tale of two restaurants! My wife said that her vegetarian entree and main were both excellent. My gnocchi and meat entree was just delightful and the roasted duck main was superb.

All servings were generous and well presented and my only criticism is that the wine list was not appropriate in selection or price for the Hunter Valley. We should have taken the BYO option even though it is a rather steep $12.

We will definitely return.

Manly, Australia
“Amazing service in a cozy setting”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We dined at The Beltree over the weekend because of it's TripAdvisor rating and close proximity to our hotel. The young woman who served us (apologies for not remembering her name!) was absolutely wonderful. She was very knowledgeable and assisted us with gluten-free menu items and wine pairing. The food was great and would definitely eat here again. Only complaint is that pricing and menu options were not clear on the menu. More a la carte options should be considered. Overall, it was a great experience!

“Great meal and service”
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Had a great evening at The Beltree as part of a weekend away. The staff were attentive, friendly and dealt with my allergy with no fuss, confirming that ingredients could be removed, giving us great confidence. Both our starters were as good as we've had in several of the top restaurants in Sydney, my wife had the goats cheese and beetroot salad while I had the gnocchi with wagyu ragu, both fantastic. Mains were almost as good, especially my balsamic roasted duck. A great cheese plate and dark chocolate pudding finished off a very enjoyable experience. Thoroughly recommended.

Visited July 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Over priced & over rated”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

After reading several reviews and word of mouth I thought this is a must visit restaurant, but I think some of the people writing these reviews do not know the difference between good food and great food. Be prepared to be presented with a menu that interesting, but the food just doesn't match up. Also there is no prices for any of the meals, what is this??? they keep you guessing until you get the bill, maybe I should have offered $100 for the over $200 bill for two people and we only had one glass of wine each (wine is way over priced). The food wasn't all bad , but when my wife and I looked at each other and know we can cook better with some of the dishes (we had the tasting menu, which is suppose to give a broad experience of what is on offer) I worry especially when there is a trained chef in the kitchen.

2 Thank Fine_diner_1_13
“Beautiful night”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Food was great. We had the fungie (excuse spelling) which was absolutley amazing and cappacio for entree. Shared the pork for main.
Service were friendly and always checking up for drinks or light chat.
There was a fire inside which kept the place warm on a cold night.
Overall very happy and full, great reccomendation from tripadvisor.