“decide for yourself” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Mill Restaurant

The Mill Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 73 Restaurants in Pokolbin
Cuisines: Australian, Fusion
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The rustic Mill Restaurant, located on the grounds of Estate Tuscany, is a semi-indoor space and is suitable for use all year round. An exciting modern menu caters for a range of tastes for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The finest local produce is sourced daily, including herbs, spices and edible flowers to create delicate mouth-watering flavours in every dish. Delight your palate with some of the finest food in the Hunter across from picturesque mountain views. Our head Chef, has put together a spectacular modern menu. Feel free to chose from our set meal options, or create your own for your guests. We specialise in celebrations. Estate Tuscany is an ideal location for celebratory receptions - for personal and corporate. Flexible layout and style options are available. We aim to cater to every creative request.
sydney
“decide for yourself”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Well I was warned against this place because of it reputation but never one to believe what people say I decided to take my husband out for dinner. Upon walking in the restaurant we were greeted by Samantha a bubbly young lady who didn't worry about the fact we hadn't booked quickly showed us to a breathtaking table she informed us was a guests that hadn't shown up. we received 5 star treatment all night she informed us that we were being served by a trainee tonight but she would be on hand at all times if we had any questions that couldn't be answered by our waitress so my husband and I decided to test her knowledge and every question we asked from dish cooking methods right through to what to do the next day was answered with confidence we were convinced of her passion and love for her job and local industry. she recommended the special of the night which was a ravioli of crab but insisted that we should remove traditional cooking methods from our mind and think of summer and the sea and that her chef practised the same method of cooking as the famed Heston using science and food to create his dishes and may I say she was completely accurate if I was expecting a traditional dish I would of been disappointed but because my mind was open the ravioli was a dish I would always remember then my husband had the lamb which was cooked perfectly and I had the beef tataki wow that was again an amazing dish we were struggling to have dessert but here came Samantha again spilling her passion for a confectionary plate which would prove to be very much like our entrée which we shared and again was the most amazing dessert I have had in years. all night the service even from the trainee was amazing but we will always remember this young womens passion and dedication to her chef and the business upon leaving we asked her position which she informed was the restaurant manager only newly taking on the role. I now will always dine here when I come to the hunter and will recommend this restaurant to all who will listen, oh and the most remarkable think I haven't mentioned yet upon all the talking and recommendations from Samantha she took our meal and drink order without writing it down something I have never seen.
Goto this restaurant this is one of the best experiences of our lives.
Thankyou Samantha and the team at the mill restaurant @ Tuscany

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Sydney, Australia
“Of all the gin joints !!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

I must admit we only went here because it was a Sunday night & most other places were either closed or booked out with functions . We were hungry but after having waited almost an hour for main course to arrive we were way past it & were not prepared to wait any longer for desert ,especially as we saw 2 deserts sent back to the kitchen during that time .The service was terrible the food not much better & expensive for what it was .
It should have been good but wasn't . Go somewhere else if u can .

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Extremely disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

Even though the restaurant was not even half full the service was almost non existent. The food was substandard. We ordered the seared scallops and the tempura soft shell crab for entree. The scallops were like rubber and there was a small unidentifiable object that we believed to be the pancetta glass which was overcooked. The tempura crab was also overcooked and chewy. For mains we ordered the fish of the day and another entree of Lemon ricotta gnocchi, burnt butter, parmesan. The fish lacked any kind of seasoning or flavour and the gnocchi was ok but certainly nothing to write home about. The only good thing about the entire meal was the chocolate fondant we shared for dessert.
For the service provided and standard of food this restaurant is overpriced. I would not recommend this to anyone travelling to the Hunter Valley when there are so many other great dining experiences to enjoy.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank diandtonytravel
Sydney, Australia
“Still trying to forget I ate there”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

Attended a wedding. The food was prompt and we were often asked if we wanted more water or wine.
However, the food was forgettable yes I am still trying.
The entree was a twee sprig of lettuce with lumps of brown things which someone said was procuitto. I was so hungry I ate it. The main looked like a long pale caramel slice. It was pork, with crakling on top, It was edible, with a small plate of barely cooked carrot and a small dish of saald which was tasty to share between eight. The dessert would have fitted on the spoon. It was three tiny thinble size portions of ice cream overshadowed by a strawberry and a bit of jus.
Yep thats it. Where was my Mars Bar when I needed it.

• Visited September 2012
Sydney
“Do not go there”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

We went there because it was close to where we were staying. However our host told us not to go we still did. Bad mistake. The entree was average and the duck entree non existent on the plate. The fish main tasted terrible. The fish was grilled and had no taste whatsoever. The pork belly was average. We did not make it to dessert, because the waiters ignored us completely and we sat in front of out empty plates for 15 min. We then just got up and paid. They did not even ask us if we liked the food. They probably knew what we would say. So please do yourself a favor and don't go there. There are so many other great restaurants in the Hunter Valley.

Visited September 2012