“Friendly service but food just above average though prices high for that.”

The Cellar Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 74 Restaurants in Pokolbin
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We had the fixed price lunch on a dull quiet day though we could sit outside which was pleasant. The cost was Aus. $45 for two courses. Several choices all rather the usual. Food was, however, good. But it does seem pricey for this. The staff were very friendly and helpful. A place for an unfussy lunch.

There are newer reviews for The Cellar Restaurant

Reviewed November 16, 2012

We were a group of fifteen work colleagues who visited the Cellar Restaurant for our final team dinner. The staff at the Cellar had been excellent in making sure that all went well, both in menu preparation and service on the night. They were led admirably by Louise. I chose the line caught calamari, which was prepared with flair and imagination - the sauce was delicious. I had the spatchcock as a main course, and though tasty, I couldn't help but wish I'd chosen the Angus filets that many of my colleagues chose - all cooked perfectly to order. I finished with the blue cheese. The portion was quite large so if I have one minor suggestion, it would be perhaps to serve two cheeses, smaller portions, on the same 'blue cheese plate'. We took our own wines, and the serving staff were kind enough to match those to the dishes we chose from the menu. The team had a great evening, and not one person was unhappy with his or her food. We stayed at the Cellar quite late, chatting, and never felt that the staff were keen to say goodbye. Congratulations to the kitchen and staff.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

We visited the Cellar Restaurant for dinner during my surprise birthday weekend in the Hunter Valley.

Upon arrival, the interior was intimate and peaceful, with just the right amount of lighting.

We ordered our meal and wine, and our waitress was very friendly and helpful with our selection.

The menu is fairly limited in selection, which is the sign of a good restaurant. In my view, it's better to offer a small number of well-designed, high-quality meals than to offer a lot of meals.

Our meals were thoroughly delicious, and we natually ordered Hunter wines (a verdelho and tempranillo).

The food, service and atmosphere were all very pleasant, and we'd be happy to return.

1  Thank Xenedis
Reviewed November 4, 2012

On saturday night i proposed to my fience at the cellar restaurant. everthing was perfect.i would particually like to thank louise the restaurant supervisor all of her help. she was amazing and i couldnt have pulled it off without her. my partner was unfortunately not feeling well so louise adjusted the menu to accomodate.from the bottom of our hearts a huge thankyou louise and all involved at the cellar! We will be back!

Reviewed October 26, 2012

A few friends had a weekend in The Vine Yards. On Friday night were went to The Cellar Restaurant for Dinner. A most enjoyable experience. Food was tasty, sevice was excellant, atmosphere was wonderful.
A most enjoyable night. I would reccomend anyone to try Thr Cellar restaurant out when visiting the vine country.
Simply 10