“Loved the wild life!”
Review of Estate Tuscany

Estate Tuscany
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Pokolbin
Reviewed October 24, 2010

My husband and I had a great weekend and loved being able to have a glass of red wine outside our room watching the kangeroos before we walked over to dinner. Food was great and we plan to go back in winter so we can sit by the fire and enjoy the great view.

Reviewed October 20, 2010

Worst accoustics in a hotel/motel I have ever encountered. Minimal accoustic insulation. I could have joined in the conversation in one adjoining unit while listening to the TV and children's laughter on the other side. Lying in bed, the shower pipes in the next unit sounded just above our heads. Ear-plugs were a help. Clearly a cheap construction, dressed up. Would be excellent if adjoining units were empty.
Great location and outlook, very spacious and comfortable rooms and furnishings apart from the accoustics. Delightful seeing kangaroo lawn mowers. Interesting and scenic walk along the road, plenty of bird life. Worth around $150 per night, not $300.
Room was not ready at 2.30, receptionist suggested we go to the bar. Had to ask for complimentary drinks. At $13 for a glass of wine, this was appreciated.
Cold water came out brown - first in bath, later in wash basin. Had to ask for complimentary bottle of water to boil for drinks.
Overall, excellent potential but very disappointing for the price.

2  Thank Steve290_10
Reviewed October 13, 2010

Had our pup go in the dam, came out brown, staff gave us extra towles and helped us clean up.

Reviewed October 10, 2010

The romantic looking setting, the private balconies and the 'luxury' hotel you see in the pictures is all b.s. The rooms are dirty, the staff are rude, and the walls are so thin that you can hear the people in the room next to you going to the bathroom! For what you pay to stay in this place, it is not worth it. You get a motel experience, for a luxury resort price. It should be called a motel not a resort.

2  Thank Kylie782
Reviewed October 4, 2010

This place is certainly not 4 star. We were absolutely taken for a ride - the photos do not tell the whole story. The room was not good - the only good thing was the view. It is probably ok if you are paying $150 a night but when you end up paying over $400 per night it is nothing short of a total rip off. Beware, be warned.

4  Thank glo44444
Reviewed October 4, 2010

I had decided to stay at this motel because my friend gave me a voucher to stay there. The photos looked amazing. The reception area looked beautiful. Kylie checked the system and she could not find my booking! I had made the booking a while ago and could not believe they lost my booking. Eventually she found the booking and it was actually entered incorrectly by whoever took the booking over the phone. We were told to come back in a hour and she would arrange a room for us.

Whilst waiting we went to Brokeback BBQ and Tapas.. a restaurant on the same property. We ate a burger and chips for $20 or so! It was okay, but a tad pricey.

After an hour we went back to the reception and we were handed our key, we were so excited to stay in our Tuscan inspired room. We arrived to our room and it had been freshly cleaned and stunk of cleaning chemicals. (and still stunk hours later). The room did not look at all like the photos. It looked like a motel room. Nothing special.
Later we learned that there are actually two types of rooms, Olive rooms and Vineyard view rooms. The Olive rooms were the ones with the sleigh beds and Tuscan inspired design. The Vineyard view rooms were just a room, like any other motel room I have seen elsewhere. We were not too impressed with our room. Sure the view was nice, but you would get the same view anywhere else.

The room was of decent size. The television was however pretty lame, it was a Dick Smith Electronics small television and it had no Foxtel channels. These little things were annoying.

The walls were thin, so you can hear your neighbours making noise!

The motel room was not entirely clean. The bathroom had brown hairs in the bath tub. The bath tub had a shower curtain, which I seemed odd. I think the shower curtain in the bath tub/shower is such a old and dated idea.

The only thing that you would benefit from staying in the Vineyard view rooms would be the undercover parking outside your room.

The continental breakfast at the Mill Restaurant was standard. The usual culprits of toast, cereal, fruit and juice. Definitely not worth paying for.

Overall my stay here was average. I cannot say that I would stay here again. Upon departure I went to reception to hand back the keys. I was watching a lady serve this man as he departed, she took time to ask how was his stay. When I handed in my key to Kylie, she did not even ask how my stay was, it was more like she did not care. They may need to assess their customer service skills!

One last thing, I think this motel should consider having the Tuscany theme throughout the whole facility. Having rooms of such different levels of qualities seems lame.

Reviewed September 30, 2010

My husband and I just spent 3 nights at this motel/hotel. It was a pleasant stay, but nothing special. We stayed in an Olive Grove room, which was large and comfortable - but, like other reviewers have said, very much an average motel room. We were at first put in a room next to the swimming pool, but staff happily moved us when we requested a room looking onto countryside. What wasn't like an average motel was the lovely view from the double glass doors, which opened onto countryside - and lots of kangaroos! We were able to lie in bed and watch them - very special. We got a good mid-week rate, which included b'fast and a discount in the Mill restaurant. Breakfast very ordinary - but a lovely restaurant (could tea perhaps come in a pot, rather than being served a half cup of hot water into which guests put their tea bag!!!) Dinner at the Mill Restaurant was poor - if we had paid full price we would have complained. Service was really ordinary too. And unfortunately can't say much more for the Brokenback bar. Our pizza was half cooked, and we heard other guests complain about their tapas meals. Would we stay here again? Yes, we would - the Hunter Valley is expensive, and this hotel/motel is well priced (if you get discounts) ... but we would not eat here again. But it is definitely not a resort!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pokolbin
Kirkton Park Hotel Hunter Valley
Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley
Splinters Guest House
Splinters Guest House
#4 of 15 in Pokolbin

Been to Estate Tuscany? Share your experiences!