On a recent trip to the Hunter Valley we decided to stay at the last minute. Jumped on the web and found a great rate at wotif in an Olive Grove Room which also includes some credits for dinner and breakfast. Room was very comfortable and clean. No Cable TV or in house movies but that didn't worry us. Arrived fairly late at 8pm and the main restauant (The Mill) had served their last meals and were closing the kitchen. We wanted to use our $25 credit so ended up ordering a cheese platter which they keep in the fridge while we went next door to the Bar for a pizza and a steak which you cook yourself on the BBQ. The Bar was lovely with great staff, good wine selection and an open fire. Nothig much happens here beyond 9pm so if you are plannign a late arrival, do some planning ahead. Breakfast was fairly good with good selection on the continential buffet and option of ordering alacarte. I think there may have been a problem with staff that morning as the chef did everything, took orders and cooked, but was unable to make a latte as she didn't use the coffee machine usually. It was no big deal for us and we could see she was doing a great job on her own. Check out was 11am which allowed us time for a swim and a lazy breakfast. Would defintely stay here again and couldn't believe what a great deal we got.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Estate Tuscany Decades of Hospitality & Award-Winning Service. Only two hours from Sydney, located at the foothills of the Brokenback ranges in Pokolbin, Hunter Valley (NSW). Guests can experience a relaxing stay in Tuscan-style accommodation, with uninterrupted mountain views in the heart of Australia's premium wine country. The grounds present a stylish blend of modern and rustic decor, set amongst 26 acres of beautiful countryside. There are two stunning eateries onsite. The Mill Restaurant offers guests a fine dining experience, while The Brokenback Bar presents a cafe-style bar where guests can sample wine and beer from the region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Estate Tuscany reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tuscany Wine Estate Hotel Pokolbin
- Tuscany Wine Estate Pokolbin
- Estate Tuscany Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin