We recieved a Scoopon for Christmas from family and decided to make the most of a weekend away without kids before my partner left for Dubai for 8 months to work. We rang up to book for the weekend. Straight away there was an extra charge of $50/ night for staying on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday night. We thought oh well it's only $100 extra, why not. We enquired about taking our small dog with us, which was an extra $25/ night. We gave it a miss because we thought that $50 for a dog for a weekend was a bit unfair and rediculous as it also downgraded the room. We arrived on Friday night. We had to give a $100 deposit for the room which I thought fair and food would be taken out of that for the duration of the stay. And was informed that we had to have dinner at the Brokenback Bar as there was a function on. Fair enough. We'd had dinner on the way, but thought it might be nice to use the $30 credit for dinner we had for each night and each morning for breakfast. Our order came to $29.50 for two icecreams and a entree which was very yummy. (I highly reccomend the bar for dining.)The room was fairly standard. Not something i would brag about. And the bathroom smelt of smelly shoes. Not exactly something I would expect for the upgraded room. We woke up the next morning and had breakfast as usual, went out for the day and explored the countryside ( highly recommend the smelly cheese shop ), then went back for dinner at The Mill restaraunt. It was very nice, but very overpriced for what you got. We made an event of dinner and ended up spending just over $110. $30 of which was covered by the food credit, so didn't turn out to be too bad. Then breakfast the Sunday before we left. When I went to sign out I payed $100 for the upgrade, an extra $145 for the food and was told that the $100 deposit would be put back in my account with in the next 3 days. I was a little flustered and glad that I even had that amount left on my card after Christmas and had trouble understanding why it was so much. After paying I sat down and worked it out that I had been overcharged by $30. I felt like a bit of a tight [--], but rang to find out what it was for and discovered that they had neglected to tell us that on the first night of the stay, you had to spend over $50 to get the food credit. I told her that no one had told us that and the receptionist told me that it was the bars fault and there was nothing they could do about it. I am still fuming that a nice romantic weekend away had turned into an expensive $345 plus the actual Scoopon price, for two nights and $145 of that was spend on 4 meals, 1 of which was desert and a snack. Unfortunately my children will have to wait until next pay to get all their necessary school items. Thank you Tuscany for the experience, however next time I think we will tell you where to go, and pay the extra $345 to stay at a classier place up there. Maybe the mecure has nicer rooms....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Estate Tuscany Decades of Hospitality & Award-Winning Service. Only two hours from Sydney, located at the foothills of the Brokenback ranges in Pokolbin, Hunter Valley (NSW). Guests can experience a relaxing stay in Tuscan-style accommodation, with uninterrupted mountain views in the heart of Australia's premium wine country. The grounds present a stylish blend of modern and rustic decor, set amongst 26 acres of beautiful countryside. There are two stunning eateries onsite. The Mill Restaurant offers guests a fine dining experience, while The Brokenback Bar presents a cafe-style bar where guests can sample wine and beer from the region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotel.de, Orbitz, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Estate Tuscany reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tuscany Wine Estate Hotel Pokolbin
- Tuscany Wine Estate Pokolbin
- Estate Tuscany Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin