Tonic Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Tower Lodge(Pokolbin)
Branxton Hotel(Branxton)
View Hotel
All reviewsbanana breadlarge pondmuesliluxurious bedan abundance of wildlifehunter valleytext messagetv receptionlast minute bookingloved our staylovely weekendlounge roomtwo couplesself containediandamfridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Sometimes a quiet serene retreat is needed from the hustle and bustle of Sydney and Tonic definitely offered it to us during our Valentines Day weekend stay. Was a beautiful get away for the weekend and what a lovely place to stay! It isn't even that far from the main town or the main wine places to visit but it's so quiet and tranquil that you can just relax and chill out.
Great facilities. Lovely big place with lots of living space and big bedrooms/bathrooms and a our own private deck. Food in the fridge was delightful. Banana bread was amazing!

Can highly recommend and will come back again for sure.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kozza44
Reviewed June 8, 2014

A simply wonderful weekend at Tonic. The accommodation was divine, the sunsets from the verandah reflecting on the pond were superb, local wineries and restaurants fantastic, get together in the Tonic room sharing our wine purchases in front of the fire and a few stories 'memorable' and this morning opened the blinds at sunrise to watch the hot air balloons float by - a stunning finale. Thank you - I'm sure members of our party will be back to Tonic for more adventures. Thanks again. PS Breakfasts were lovely!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Virginia K
Reviewed March 9, 2014

My partner and I stayed here for two nights over the John Farnham/Lionel Richie concert weekend in March 2014.

Very quiet grounds with a calming outlook towards the west for great views of the dams and rolling hills, complete with the odd kangaroo.

Rooms were spacious and decorated with a contemporary minimalist feel.
Room Features included:
- King Sized Bed
- Kitchenette (microwave, toaster, kettle, fridge/freezer, cutlery, cups/plates)
- Stocked fridge for breakfast (various toasts, fruit, yoghurt, muesli, croissants, tea, coffee, milk)
- Large flatscreen TV
- Free WiFi
- Bath tub (not a spa)
- open area shower
- own deck facing the westerly view with tables and chairs
- morning papers delivered to your door
- high quality towels, robes and slippers
- ironing board, iron, hairdryer, safe, inspect spray and even aeroguard!

Common area was great too and we were able to spend a few hours in there by ourselves:
- overlooks pool
- FULL kitchen
- large dining area
- outdoor BBQ
- bean bags
- DVD's, CD's, large flatscreen TV
- lounge area

Highly recommended and my own tip would be for the tables on the decks of the rooms to be larger (not enough space to enjoy the morning papers while eating breakfast) and a coffee machine for fussy coffee drinkers!

Sure, it's not cheap, but well worth the extra $$ for a quiet and relaxing Hunter Valley experience. This place would even be great during bad weather (fire place in the common area and watching the storm from your own deck)

Room Tip: We were in a "middle" room with rooms either side and we only ever heard our neighbours when we were out on the deck.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda J
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at Tonic Hotel for the two days prior to my wedding with my mum and best friend.. Owners Ian and Janelle truly made the prior days and morning of my wedding amazing.. They both went above and beyond to make everything perfect and I can't thank them enough..

I really can't say enough about Tonic to do it justice it's just beautiful.. It made for a perfect relaxing stay and the perfect backdrop for all my pre wedding photos..
Positioned to give the beauty and privacy of the Hunter Valley and yet 5-10 minutes from all the beautiful wineries and restaurants..
We stayed in the two bedroom villa which had a massive balcony with a BBQ and amazing views.. Comfy king sized beds, slippers, robes, large bathrooms, fully equipped kitchen, large living room.. Everything you could want in the fridge for a very tasty breakfast and snack supplies..
You wake up in the morning to views of the dam and kangaroos, it's just so peaceful..
My husband and I will definitely be returning again and again to this amazing hotel..

Stayed: February 2014
4  Thank Mlugg
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I would like to say what a fabulous stay I had with my daughter and her best friend (bride and MOH) on the 2 days prior to her wedding. I cannot say enough about the owners Ian and Janelle. They really went above and beyond to make my daughters wedding a very happy event. After she had her wedding accommodation cancelled by another hotel in the area Ian and Janelle came to the rescue. We stayed in the 2 bedroom unit which overlooked a large dam on the property. I woke the first morning to look out of my bedroom window to see Kangaroos feeding and hot air balloons in the distance. So very peaceful. Ian and Janelle also came to the rescue for her wedding night - they let her stay in their own guest accommodation as there was nowhere left in the valley ( because of the Bruce Springstein Concert ) after her accommodation was cancelled at short notice. They did everything they could to make her day perfect. If you are looking for a peaceful stay in the Hunter Valley I would really recommend you try Tonic Hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family