If you are travelling to the Hunter Valley as a couple or with friends there is only one place to stay - Billabong Moon. The property is on Hermitage road and features a number of individually designed cottages on beautiful grounds at the centre of which is a billabong surrounded by a casuarina forrest.
Over the years my wife and I have stayed at all of the cottages and each one is stunning. The owners Jenny and Andy clearly take great pride in putting the cottages together and as a result they are cosy and inviting places to stay all year round. The cottages have fire places and a number have jacuzzis.
The fridge in each cottage is always stocked wth generous breakfast provisions and a bottle of wine and a cheese plate is always thrown in.
Billabong Moon is luxury accommodation with no pretension. It is the perfect place for a romantic get away or a weekend away with friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A waterfront cottage at Pokolbin along with four other individually designed and decorated cottages located over 10 hectares, makes Billabong Moon a unique place to escape. With couples and small groups in mind, Billabong Moon has an eclectic mix of comfortable contemporary and pre-loved timber furniture, intimate outdoor living, large, comfortable beds, deep baths and spas to help establish the relaxed and indulgent atmosphere. Fish from the deck of Billabong cottage, swim in the salt water pool, gaze at clear night skies or snuggle up fireside. With privacy the priority this is a great place to relax after a day indulging in Pokolbin’s fine wine and food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Billabong Moon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Billabong Moon Hotel Pokolbin
- Billabong Moon Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin