“Outstanding service and great food”

Two Fat Blokes Gourmet Kitchen
Reserve a table
Thu, 2/25
8:00 PM
Ranked #28 of 56 Restaurants in Pokolbin
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Perfect for a casual breakfast or lunch serving an amazing fresh range of local, Australian and International gourmet food. Picture yourself relaxing in a small cafe in Provence or Tuscany, we have created an ambiance to rival that. It’s a place to relax and plan your day sipping on a coffee or a cold drink and nibbling on some sweets. Lunch is nice and casual – a menu offering many choices of snacks or more formal dishes at very reasonable prices. The Kitchen is open Wednesday - Friday (9am to 4:30pm) Our Euro-Deli is open 7 days (9am to 4:30pm) and has a variety of food available including cheese/picnic packs, pies, sausage rolls, antipasto, toasted sandwiches, and more.
Reviewed January 8, 2017 via mobile

A friend and I called in for coffee and decided to stay for lunch. The waitress couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful. We both decided to order the white wine tasting plate, which turned out to be a good call. We sampled the Mediterranean chicken, prawn orecchiette and triple cream Brie with matching wines. The flavours in the prawn dish were amazing and the chicken was cooked beautifully. I have never tasted such creamy, delicious Brie. I'd definitely recommend this place and I dare say we'll be back!

Date of visit: January 2017
Write a reviewReviews (728)

Reviewed January 8, 2017

The google reviews got us good but apparently they were all rating the tour rather than the eat-in experience. Hubby and I went here based on the google reviews and were so disgustingly letdown. We're not fussy in any way, but we do appreciate (and expect!!) the basics: cleanliness and hygiene. On arriving there was only one other table occupied - it was 9am. Our table was sticky, with the laminated menus peeling off them and our paper serviettes stuck down quite firmly, also. The floor was sticky. The floor. Our butter plates were dirty and when we asked the waiter to take them after she took our order she didn't blink an eye, despite the obvious dark marks on our plates. Our food came out and I was actually laughing as kept saying, "the food might be lovely.". My husband's "thick white toast" was your regular Tiptop white bread. My sourdough was burnt to a crisp and still cold. I was hoping at least the drinks would save the meal but my coffee (a flat white) was burnt and was half froth, and hubby's orange juice tasted like a drive-thru maccas one, but fizzy.
When the waitress returned to ask how our meal was, I had to be honest and said that I was underwhelmed. Why advertise a place as 'gourmet' if you are going to cook something up that could be done at a soccer bbq? Oh, to charge premium prices. At $62 for the two of us, I said that we were unhappy with our meals and experience. I wish I'd asked to not pay for husband's meal because his was a joke. They took the drinks and $4 off our total and scowled at us from behind the counter as we left.
So glad we didn't end our Hunter Valley trip on this note because I would have been fairly livid not just at the food but at the way the staff made us feel like we were fussing over nothing. Clean up your act, fat blokes.

2  Thank Pinkie B
Reviewed January 7, 2017 via mobile

We had paid a passing visit to the two fat blokes restaurant and found the staff friends and accommodating. The food was delicious and was at a reasonable price. Definitely worth a visit

Reviewed January 7, 2017

We were over in Australia before Christmas to see family and during a 2 day visit to the Hunter Valley,they suggested we book a tour with this company. What a great afternoon it turned out to be ! We were in a small group of mixed nationalities,who were all great company. We were taken to three different wineries, one included a cheese and wine tasting session. The driver of the minibus and the guides at the wineries were very informative ,though I actually felt sorry for the poor chap who was trying to talk about the wines on offer at the 3rd winery as by then the majority of us were more than a bit tipsy!! Would highly recommend this tour to anyone visiting the Hunter Valley,especially if you're visiting from the UK!

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed January 5, 2017

Substantial breakfast that was delicious. Perfect start to a day of wine tasting. In Summer there were lots of flies, when seated outside, so either wear aerogard or sit inside, where its air conditioned and protected.

Date of visit: December 2016