“Beautiful venue ”

Villa du Pays
Ranked #15 of 74 Restaurants in Pokolbin
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Villa du Pays restaurant sits among the spectacular grounds of Leogate Estate. Taking pride in serving you modern Australian cuisine and to compliment your meal, we will be proud to serve you our beautiful Leogate Estate award winning wines.
Wollongong, Australia
“Beautiful venue ”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Dinner Sunday 29-12-13. 7.30pm

Leogate estate was very impressive to drive into.. the landscape and grounds was beautiful

The blonde female waitress who introduced us to our table was quite rude and was not in any way helpful or accommodating. Needs a lesson in manners.

Despite the service from this particular waitress, The food was absolutely delicious... Our entree of duck was interesting and our steaks were well presented, cooked to perfection and tasted devine...
(Although, would have preferred a thicker cut of meat)
All dishes came out very quickly.

The house semillion was the best in the hunter and will be back just for that bottle!

Sydney, Australia
“Lovely food and ambiance ”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Went here for dinner with my partner, the food was excellent and I would have to say one of the best food I've had in the Hunter Region. I love the Duck 2 way and the radish prawns. We had the 7 course degustation for $110 pp, this was very good value considering that the food was chefs hat quality. Service was excellent, the owner came and spoke to us personally during the dinner. Overall I was very impressed with the restaurant and would highly recommend this.

Maitland, Australia
“Lunch overlooking the courtyard fountain”
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

The welcome was friendly and accommodating. We had requested to be seated inside, away from the heat. My husband and I overlooked the courtyard and it's central fountain. Our order was taken promptly and cool water poured while we made our selections. I recommend either the shared antipasto platters or the individual hamburgers. Today I chose the hamburger. Not an ordinary hamburger by any means for when plated an architectural masterpiece was presented. A combination of flavours and textures revealed the chef's creativity. The portion was particularly generous. Delicious and Villa du Pays definitely merits a repeat visit. The variety and balance of menu items should please a range of palates.

Aberglasslyn
“Magnificent lunch, great service, excellent value, beautiful surroundings. Thanks for the experience.”
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Lunch yesterday was fantastic. I had the salmon on a bed of quinoa tabbouleh and my husband had the wagyu beef burger. Can't wait to try out the dinner menu in 2014, with the air dried wagyu and 64 degree egg, arctic toothfish, closed out with the coffee and chocolate mousse! I highly recommended it to Hunter Valley residents and visitors alike.

Sydney, Australia
“Outstanding”
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

A terrific restaurant, the food was amazing at a very reasonable price. Being a vegetarian can be a challenge for some, but not The Villa du Pays team. Everyone at the table loved their meal - worth the visit.