“Great food in an area of pomp, keeps it real”

Tuk Tuk Hunter Valley Kitchen
Ranked #27 of 77 Restaurants in Pokolbin
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We were voted in the top 10 Burger Restaurants in Australia. Our aim is to provide quality food at an affordable price and we offer a menu that consists of over 40 items with nothing over $20.00 ! We are very proud of our commitment to our locals and visitors alike, we want you to visit The Hunter, eat drink and be merry, but still have some money in your wallets to get home. Life is about being happy, flavour is freedom, so get amongst it :-)
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Visited today after hearing good things and wasn't disappointed. Partner had the 3 pig burger and I had a sauerkraut hot dog and both were superb. I love the hunter valley but it was great the get a meal that keeps it real with top quality ingredients, cheers guys.

1  Thank Bubbleofhug
Mark C, Owner at Tuk Tuk Hunter Valley Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2014

Hey Bubbleofhug,
I remember you guys quite well, you were pretty cool as I remember and obviously excellent judges of a good burger lol.
We try hard to take the wank out of the area and comments like yours is vindication that we are doing it.
Thanks so much, see you next time.
Cheers.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

The brag that they are the best burgers in the hunter and they are right. I had the chilly burger and it is outstanding. The bride had the BLT which was similarly not disappointing. Great value and friendly service.

Hey exchips51,
It's only bragging if you can't back it up lol, thanks for your comments, we value input like yours highly.
Cheers.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

During our Hunter weekend, we stopped at the Tempus Two winery complex and had Tuk Tuk burgers for lunch. There's a huge selection on the menu covering beef, lamb, chicken and vege options. I had the beef burger which included the port and melted blue cheese ..... best burger I've had for a long time.

Thanks Craig D for your support and taking the time to comment, it's means a lot to us.
Happy you enjoyed it, see you next time.
Cheers!

Reviewed July 20, 2014

I think I must have beaten the lunch rush - at 1215 we were advised of a 25 minute wait for burgers, and they were delivered within that timeframe. I was happy with that! After us we heard people being told 45 minuted but if the kitchen advises the accurate wait time on placing the order it's fair play in my opinion.

The burger was very good - they've obviously taken care with the patty as the flavour was great. The real winner is the price - as it's in the Tempus Two complex I was expecting at least $15, possibly $18 for a burger, but this one came in under $12. Admittedly chips were a side but considering I've paid $25 for an average Pad Thai at the restaurant next door this was a pleasant surprise!

My two recommendations would be to invest in some high chairs (though I think this was actually discussed by the staff while I was there) and find a better supplier of chips - considering the quality of the burger they were letting the team down a bit.

You guys arrived at exactly the right time to beat the rush, we are happy that your experience was a positive one.
In regards to the chips, we have taken your advise on board and have since found a new supplier for our fries/chips, we have received nothing but high praise for the new product, thank you for your input, see you next time.
Cheers !

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We visited Tuk Tuk yesterday afternoon for a late lunch. The menu is fantastic...something for everyone and well priced. When we ordered we were told 40mins wait but it ended up being just over an hour. They were absolutely flat out, filling large orders. The wait was disappointing but the burgers were amazing and we ended up skipping dinner because they were so filling.

Thank you for your visit and also your understanding.
We are becoming increasingly more popular and sometimes the wait time can blow out, on top of this you only need one hiccup in the kitchen and it blows out more.
But, wait you did and we are so happy you left satisfied.
Look forward to seeing you next time.
Cheers !