The studio rooms are quite small, so make sure you like your traveling partner! But they are clean and not overly dated. Nice little patio area with table and chairs to enjoy the sunset or sunrise (depending on your preference), or have a sneaky cigarette!
The buffet breakfast was overpriced for what was offered. It seemed as though they had run out of most things and we got there only 30 minutes after the opening time. We didn't eat dinner on-site, preferring to sample some of the local restaurants.
Be careful is you're coming in after dark, it's easy to get lost with all the identical huts!
My only complaint would be to do with the customer service, a smile doesn't cost a lot ladies! My partner left the mobile phone charger in the room and when I rang to organise it to be forwarded to us (less than 12hrs after we left) it seemed to be a major drama to have housekeeping check the room! Surely they have to clean it regardless. Then the charger was sent to us COD - it cost $20 for me to collect from the post office!!! And we only live an hour away, I would have been happy to collect it, or they could have popped it into a $5.50 prepaid satchel and charged it my credit card. A costly lesson!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill is a picturesque retreat set on 25 acres of tranquility in the heart of the Hunter Valley Wine Country. With many cellar doors and attractions such as Hunter Valley Gardens within easy strolling distance, Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill is the unbeatable location to base yourself.Marvel at the truly stunning views over local vineyards and Brokenback Ridge – you might even enjoy a visit from the local native fauna and birdlife. This picturesque backdrop is the perfect setting for a relaxing and peaceful stay in the Hunter Valley. Self-contained Studio, One and Two Bedroom Villas. Take some time-out in our air-conditioned studio, one or two bedroom apartments sprawled across the landscaped gardens of the property. All apartments feature private patios looking out to the 25 acres of peaceful hotel grounds and vineyards. To enhance your stay at Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill, our Superior Rooms have been upgraded with new beds, LCD TVs, WiFi access, modern kitchen and bathroom fittings and soft furnishings. The perfect way to finish a great day of wine tasting and sightseeing is to sit back on your veranda and with a cheese platter and glass of wine or sink down and relax in your in-room spa tub. Take a stroll to the local restaurants or cook a romantic meal (full kitchen facilities available in one and two bedroom apartments). Guests are also welcome to relax by the hotel’s outdoor heated swimming pool, play a game of tennis, or have a BBQ in our undercover BBQ area surrounded by lush gardens. Guests can awake to a delicious breakfast or relax over a superbly prepared meal served at the onsite cafe & restaurant (under new management). Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill is the ideal location for a romantic break or a trip with friends and family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill Hotel Pokolbin
- Pokolbin Hill Chateau
- Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill Greater Newcastle