“Disappointed.”

Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill
Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
“Disappointed.”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Staff were rude, unfriendly & unaccomodating. Sheets & doona were dirty & stained. Bathroom was dirty. Walls are paper thing (could hear everything the couple next door said). Had breakfast there - all pre cooked and tasted like rubber. Would definitely not recommend and wont stay again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
SWHG_Operations, General Manager at Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Rachel M,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am extremely disappointed that you had an unsatisfactory stay. Could you please contact me regarding the staff issues raised as I would like to have more detail regarding your comments? Rude and unfriendly are not what I want to have guests experience and I wish to take up the specifics with the staff.
As for the breakfast I can assure you that nothing is pre cooked, all food is prepared on the day and cooked to order, So , I am sorry you did not have a great experience and apologies.
I can assure you the walls are insulated but unfortunately sometimes the guests next door are not considerate of others.

Please contact me personally so that I can discuss your issues and make amends.
Best regards,

Wayne Brenton
Resort Manager
gmpokolbin@leisureinnhotels.com
Direct: +61 2 4998 4403

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Gosford, Australia
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed in the 2 bedroom Villa. It was perfect for our girls weekend with enough room for us to chill out but still be close enough to everything we wanted to do. They were very friendly and accommodating and had recommendations of where to go for tasting and dinner etc. The Cafe was fabulous for breakfast also and the rooms spacious and private. We liked being a distance from the other rooms also.We will be back and will recommend to others. Thanks

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Singleton
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Such a great place to stay clean with a stock bed and a spa was great the staff where great and friendly and where very helpful the location is great right in the middle of some of the wineries of the hunter

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

This was my third stay at pokolbin leisure inn. Stayed here with my husband and two year old over June long weekend. The location is fantastic being in amongst the wineries and set out on a big property with a lake, ducks and horses. The fact that the accommodation is in small self contained cabins is great for small kids. However I received three calls to ask whether I needed a cot and during those calls I requested a cabin by the lake which I never got. I also wasn't impressed with breakfast- the food just didn't seem fresh and the dining room including the high chair we got lacked cleanliness. But overall always enjoy staying here. It's convenient for families.

• Stayed June 2013
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband & I Enjoyed 3 wonderful days in The Hunter staying at Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill. We had a studio room which was of a good size with microwave, sink, cutlery & all the normal utensils. The layout is not the normal motel type but buildings scattered within a beautiful property far away from each other so you feel you are the only people there. Leisure Inn is ideally situated to the Gardens, many vineyards & a wonderful complex including The Smelly Cheese Shop. Each day we bought bread & cheese & enjoyed our lunch sitting outside The Smelly Cheese shop drinking coffee & enjoying the spectacular view. Although the Gardens not at their best we still enjoyed walking the 3.9 kls around including the man made snow & ice skating rink. Our 3 days in The Hunter were just wonderful & after speaking to many friends we realised how fortunate we were to be staying in such a beautiful place centrally located at Leisure Inn. Gail Byrne

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stayed here with a discount voucher and was blown away by how wonderful the staff were! When I arrived I discovered that I had mixed up the booking and was a week earlier than expected. The staff bent over backwards to ease my embarrassment and managed to squeeze me in despite it being a busy holiday period. The location can't be beaten, across from several cellar doors and the large Hunter Valley Gardens complex. I stayed here on my own but would happily return with my two small children and husband - beautiful pool facilities and large grounds.

• Stayed July 2013
Floraville
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The service was great.
The room was fantastic with water views and a spa. Would highly recommend for couples. We were in a 1 bedroom villa with water views. We used a Groupon voucher and had no problems redeeming with the staff.

• Stayed May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pokolbin
The Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley
#8 of 15 in Pokolbin
Pokolbin Village
Pokolbin Village
#5 of 15 in Pokolbin

Been to Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill? Share your experiences!