We stayed here for a weekend in a studio room. After reading some less than flattering reviews, we were pleasantly surprised to find that our room was more than adequate. For the price we paid ($175) it was definitely comparable to a hotel room in Sydney in the same price range and was certainly better than the other alternatives in the same price range. I think many of the reviewers may have had unreasonably high expectations. While I am sure there are much more luxurious places in the Hunter Valley, added extras don't come for free. The main highlights of the hotel in is the location and the setting. It was within walking distance of several wineries, cheese shops and the general store. It is just cheap cab ride to other wineries and restaurants. There is also a cocktail bar and Thai restaurant just across the road. The hotel is set on a beautiful property, with views rivalling all the wineries we visited.The staff were very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this for both big groups and couples.
The only downside was that our studio shared a door with the next studio and we could hear the late night shenanigans of the couple next door. The bathrooms are a bit 90s, but they were clean and more than adequate for our needs.
We would return for the location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill is a picturesque retreat set on 25 acres of tranquility in the heart of the Hunter Valley Wine Country. With many cellar doors and attractions such as Hunter Valley Gardens within easy strolling distance, Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill is the unbeatable location to base yourself.Marvel at the truly stunning views over local vineyards and Brokenback Ridge – you might even enjoy a visit from the local native fauna and birdlife. This picturesque backdrop is the perfect setting for a relaxing and peaceful stay in the Hunter Valley. Self-contained Studio, One and Two Bedroom Villas. Take some time-out in our air-conditioned studio, one or two bedroom apartments sprawled across the landscaped gardens of the property. All apartments feature private patios looking out to the 25 acres of peaceful hotel grounds and vineyards. To enhance your stay at Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill, our Superior Rooms have been upgraded with new beds, LCD TVs, WiFi access, modern kitchen and bathroom fittings and soft furnishings. The perfect way to finish a great day of wine tasting and sightseeing is to sit back on your veranda and with a cheese platter and glass of wine or sink down and relax in your in-room spa tub. Take a stroll to the local restaurants or cook a romantic meal (full kitchen facilities available in one and two bedroom apartments). Guests are also welcome to relax by the hotel’s outdoor heated swimming pool, play a game of tennis, or have a BBQ in our undercover BBQ area surrounded by lush gardens. Guests can awake to a delicious breakfast or relax over a superbly prepared meal served at the onsite cafe & restaurant (under new management). Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill is the ideal location for a romantic break or a trip with friends and family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill Hotel Pokolbin
- Pokolbin Hill Chateau
- Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill Greater Newcastle