“Position Position”

Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Stayed 1/7/12 Units have great position . centre of pokolbin , freindly staff clean rooms very reasonable tarrif . 1 bed units are a lot bigger with separate bedroom.

Room Tip: rooms away from the road are quieter .
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,054)

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Stayed in a 2br villa which was 2 attached 1br villas with an interconnecting door. We found the Villas clean with modern furnishings. The Lounge area is small but adequate, bathrooms need regrouting and an overhaul but again we were happy especially in light of the great package we received.

It is walking distance to Hunter Valley gardens, Restaurants, Harrigans Irish pub and all the Pokolbin delightful little shops.

Staff were friendly, cafe served the biggest breakkie Id ever seen and was delicious. The games room could do with some repairs so the kids have something fun to do in between. Pool was small but as wasnt heated was too cold. Tennis court was great and the property has a whole was beautiful with a lake, swans, pelicans and kangaroos.

Room Tip: Rooms near the main road can be quite noisy with trucks using air breaks at night. We stayed in 33 a...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I have read many reviews about this place, so I wasn't expecting much. i have read that many other reviewers found the reception staff to be rude....I didn't at all! I was greeted by a lovely lady named Sue, who was very welcoming and informative.
We stayed in a studio room that I had booked through Lastminute.com. The room was very small and compact but the furnishings were lovely and the room had everything we needed. The heater was even turned on before we arrived to warm the room up for us. The bed was ok, but didn't do much for my back. The bathroom had a spa but desperately needs renovated. The first time the toilet was flushed, the flush button fell apart and the shower desperately needs a shower screen around it.
There was plenty of wardrobe space and the room had nice decor and appliances which didn't look cheap.
We didn't have much of a view from our room, but we took a walk around the grounds which were lovely, although the set up did have a "camp ground" feel to it.
We were able to walk to alot of the places we wanted to visit such as Tempus two, Hunter Valley garden and McGuigans. Prime location!
Our booking had breakfast vouchers included up to the value of $15 each. You could pick from a set menu that was already valued at $15 or you could pick from the normal menu up to the value of $15. My partner got the hot brekky both days as he loved it and was great value. I got banana bread and yoghurt the first morning but had to take the yoghurt back as it was almost 2 weeks out of date. The waitress was lovely about it though and very apologetic. The second day I got a hot breakfast which was great! Very filling. I highly recommend the cappaccinos aswell, very nice!
Overall, we had a good time and would recommend this place to friends if they want something that is close to everything. Bathrooms definitely need a revamp though!

Room Tip: Rooms behind and to the right of reception have water views
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cindy r
Reviewed June 10, 2012

This place has a lot of potential but it could be better. It has swimming pool, tennis court, nice view if you have a room on the far side etc. However, there are many drawbacks.

I stayed in a studio room for 5 nights. The room is small but the setup makes it a bit more pleasant than the recent city hotel that I stayed. I generally don't require room service but no servicing for the entire stay was the biggest disappointment. The bathroom was very damp and the towels didn't get dried. The cleaner didn't seem to refill the shower gel and handsoap before I checked in. They ran out on the first night stay. I was out during the day and kept hoping they would service the room one day but disappointed each night, There is only one tiny light centered near the bed on the ceiling so the room is rather dark at night. It is OK unless you are on a business trip and try to use the laptop on the table. The heater seemed to be broken in the room. No matter what temperature setting I had, the air blowing out of it didn't seem to change any cooler or warmer. It was blowing warm air but certainly not warm enough for me to sleep comfortably. I always woke up too cold even though I used the extra blanket in the room. The wall is thin so no privacy between the studio room and the 1 bedroom room next door.

Room Tip: choose a far side room away from the main road.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank astronebula
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Dear astronebula,

Thank you for your review, we take all feedback good or bad as a way in which we can strive to improve our guest experience. Firstly, i apologise that the soap unit was not filled and have spoken to housekeeping regarding the inspection of these units.
We have based our servicing of rooms on our guest feedback who have always stated that the cost of the room was more important that servicing of the unit. However, we will always offer a replacement of towels etc if requested and additional servicing is available by contacting Reception.
As for the light issue, thank you for bringing this to our attention, we are currently looking at alternative ways to solve this issue so that our guests do not experience the issue you have.
As for the air conditioner, we have had the unit checked and serviced.
Once again, thankyou for your feedback.

Best regards
Wayne Brenton
Resort Manager

Reviewed May 31, 2012

We got a groupon voucher as a Xmas present and used it to stay here in May as a romantic getaway. The actual cabins are quite nice with a lot of potential, unfortunately EVERYTHING else about the hotel had such a feeling of cheap, budget accommodation that it really did feel like a budget place that I would never usually stay at. Everything was budget from the cheap and uncomfortable bedding to the fact that there were two tea bags and 4 tiny milk sachets and it clearly stated in the information that additional supplies were available at a charge. Breakfast was included up to $15 value and again the whole set up of the breakfast menu was budget and dollar-counting and the quality of the food was frankly terrible. My husband and I went elsewhere and paid $40 for breakfast on the next day so we didn't have to experience their breakfast again... We also didn't even shower in the room, the shower was in a spa that frankly is smaller than my bath at home, the soap I hated as well as it leaked out from the wall dispenser onto the small amount of bench space that I wanted to rest my own toiletry bag on. The rooms were also not serviced. I guess it would be good to stay here if you had children as you could save money by bringing some food as they have a kitchenette. I'm glad I didn't have to pay as it was a gift or I would have been really unhappy with the value - it is definitely not worth the $600 and something value they state on the groupon voucher. You can get a much better deal waiting for a last minute or web offer on a far better place like cypress lakes or the crowne plaza. I definitely won't be staying here again.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
SWHG_Operations, General Manager at Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

Dear DJFunktrip

Firstly, thank you for the feed back, although not what I wanted to hear and I can assure you we always strive to do our best, having read your comments I am disappointed that you feel the way you do.

As you can see from other Groupon guest they have felt that the promotion was very good value for money.
We as a Resort have never tried to be anything other than a relaxed style of accommodation set on a landscape designed to offer a 4 star base for guests to explore the local Hunter area and what it offers.
We certainly don’t try and be a 4.5 or 5 star hotel and offer the services that they offer.

I’m sorry that you did not have a good breakfast experience as we have had great responses to our food and style of menu. I will follow up with the staff and investigate to see how we may prevent this from happening again.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Best regards

Wayne Brenton
Resort Manager

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Our stay was booked as part of a Groupon Voucher and was a bit hesitant in thinking we would be tolerated as we only paid 50% of the value. We booked 2 nights with breakfast in a 1 bedroom complex.
I had read the reviews before I came and had some doubts.We couldn't of had a more enjoyable time with Leisure Inn. The staff were busy when we arrived and both staff members apologised for the wait with a smile. Checkin was otherwise fast and freindly, the room was spotless and warm as we arrived in the cool of late afternoon.
The rooms smelt fresh and odour free with modern style also lots of info on what and where in the area.
Breakfast was great and lots of it with a good selection. We didn't need lunch as breakfast lasted us all day! Alot of places for eating are closed Monday nights but Leisure Inn put on a " all you can eat pizza and pasta' night for $25, good value although we didn't eat there as we bought up cheeses and wine from the local wineries and had our own feast!! We actually walked to Hunter Gardens and to a few of the wineries and the little shopping centre.
Beds were very comfortable and shower /bathroom cleen.
In all there were no negetives for the whole stay so I suggest people stop and think before you start whinging about places you stay in unless they are real concerns. Try going to poor countries,but then you wouldn't be waited on hand and foot! Try to enjoy life and smile instead of being negative, life is too short!!
A great stay thank you staff and owners at Leisure Inn, we will be back!!

Room Tip: We were near the road but didn't hear any heavy truck or car noise in the night! All rooms seeme...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Hardly what you would call a hotel, or an inn. More like a cabin setup I suppose. Clean and comfortable, self catering with a cafe onsight (which we didn't use).
I thought the check-in staff were a little bit narky, but it was Friday, and sometimes people get a bit narky towards the end of the week I guess.
Other than that, it was ok. No, for what it was, it was good. I think all reviewers need to look at things in perspective. This place isn't attempting to be a 5 star hotel. It is a self catering group of cabins. If you assess it as what it actually is, except for cranky lady at the desk, I think it is pretty good. And...it's central to the good things at Pokolbin.

Room Tip: Ask to be down the back, away from the roads. Room numbers from high 50's to 81 or 82 fill the b...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pokolbin
Kirkton Park Hotel Hunter Valley
#5 of 15 in Pokolbin
Hunter Valley Resort
Hunter Valley Resort
#9 of 15 in Pokolbin

Been to Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill? Share your experiences!