Hermitage Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Tower Lodge(Pokolbin)
  • Pool
Oaks Cypress Lakes Resort(Pokolbin)
The Guest House(Pokolbin)
View Hotel
Golden Door Health Retreat & Spa Elysia(Pokolbin)
View Hotel
All reviewsil cacciatoremueslienglish muffinscontinental breakfastvineyard suitepremier suiteitalian restaurant on sitehunter valleysmall vineyardspa bathgnocchitwo nightsbalcony overlookingplunger coffeegrape vinesseparate bedrooma wonderful place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 22, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a few nights. Frankly we didn't want to leave. We were in one of the suites (saddler's creek I think). For 2 people it was almost too big. Had a nice big living room, huge bathroom and a lovely balcony overlooking the vineyard. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Wifi was available in the suite. The breakfast was placed in the fridge which made it nice and relaxed each morning to breakfast on the balcony in the morning sun. Recommended for a romantic few days.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2014

My partner took me here or two nights to celebrate my birthday. As soon as we arrived we found the staff to be friendly and the took us to our room, explained everything and really made us feel welcome.

Free wifi is great, so many 5 star places in Melbourne and Sydney still don't offer free wifi, so it was a nice surprise.

The room was clean and comfortable. I am so fussy about clean bathrooms and it was clean. When actually in the shower looking out there is some mould around the base of the door that needs attention, but I am very fussy and my partner didn't notice if, so I only mention it so the owners can get onto it because whoever is cleaning this place does have good attention to detail. The rest of the room was spotless.

The bed was comfortable and the complimentary breakfast was really nice and fresh.

We both could not make the phone in our room work to call the restaurant to make an order. But when we did order pizzas on the Sunday night from the on site restaurant they delivered them to our room and they were very nice.

Overall a comfortable and enjoyable stay.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank APar31
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Personal opinion 2 nights was not enough. I took my partner here to celebrate her birthday and it was amazing. We stayed in the "Wondallee Suite" both nights and were very surprised to get such a good quality suite at a discounted rate of $250/night. After reading many reviews, which is expected, if your wanting to make an occasion special. I'd found that there were only 2 negative reviews about the hermitage lodge (which were pathetic), they were mostly based on pricing. To all who are looking to travel to the Hunter Valley, i would highly recommend staying here, do yourselves a favor and spend the extra money on the Premier Suite because don't forget everything else is free (if your cheap, best go elsewhere). Fantastic staff, Mark and they lady who ran the kitchen that cooked our chips because we didn't know how to turn on the oven LOL (sorry I forgot your name), really appreciate it. Sarah and I, will definitely be back in March for our anniversary.

Room Tip: book a suite they cost more, but then again it comes with a kitchen so in the end you save money...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We spent 2 nights here. It is right in the heart of Pokolbin, so very convenient. The setting is great, with a vineyard out the window. The room was comfortable and clean and we slept well on the bed. The continental breakfast was generous and excellent. We shared a pizza for a light dinner and it was also excellent and plenty for two.

Room Tip: Our room was one of the cheaper ones and no complaints. I'd choose it again.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Hermitage Lodge for the Australia Day weekend and had an amazing time! We hadn't had a weekend break away in over 12 months so we appreciated the charm Hermitage had to offer. The owners/ operators were very welcoming and offered us advice on which wineries to visit (first time to the hunter) which was a great help for us newbies. The room was really lovely (we stayed in the first creek suite) with high ceilings and comfortable furnishings. The veranda at the back overlooking the Shiraz vineyard was a treat too. We can't wait to book to come back again as the only disappointment was having to leave to go home!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple