“Would never recommend ”
Review of Casa Margarita - CLOSED

Casa Margarita
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Casa Margarita lies in the heart of The Hunter Valley’s bustling wine country, on the grounds of world-renowned, Harkham Windarra Winery. Casa Margarita combines the simplicity of authentic family recipes with fresh, high-quality ingredients to bring diners unparalleled, delectable Mexican cuisine in a charming, turn of the century cantina setting.
Victoria, Canada
“Would never recommend ”
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

It feels bad to write a review like this. It was recommended on the huntervalley website so we decided to try it. The service was poor. One girl with tables that were dirty she needed help. The ice machine was broken and it was about 37 degrees out so no margaritas or even ice water. We waited so long for our food. Then she brought out the wrong food. My poor husband was ready to eat whatever. We got our meals and the portions were half the size. Needless to say we had to get another meal after. The price was ridiculous for what we got.

Cessnock, Australia
“Not very nice for Mexican food ”
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Not a bad restaurant but in all honesty I'd prefer fast Mexican food. The free corn chips and dpi were great but my meal was horrible, I had a tortilla of some description and it was awful but the nachos my boyfriend had were nice although I've heard that's the only nice dish

Great decor and service but was playing western music which was weird, would've preferred upbeat fiesta type music

Brisbane
“Great Service, Fantastic Views, Average Food & Expensive!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Its such a shame that the expensive food is very average, because the views and the fantastic service is so great!

The restaurant ran out of alot of items on the menu and they didn't have enough staff on to keep up with the demand of service. 1 little annoying thing is that on the website it says "authentic Mexican" when the chef is clearly not Mexican :(

• Visited January 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Enjoy the view and delicous food!”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We are so happy we found this place! we went for dinner last weekend and left so satisfied we can't wait to go back (probably this weekend) if you like Mexican food I recommend it, just don't expect el Paso taco dinner this is the real deal!
We had nachos with chicken to start which was more than enough, so tasty and it comes with the works. Then chimmichanga and fajitas for mains, fresh and delicious..
The meals aren't about the presentation but I don't think Mexican food it tasty enough it doesn't need to be.
We live close by so it's great to have somewhere casual to go to relax and enjoy great food that is reasonably priced, friendly service and a spectacular view.

• Visited December 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Welcoming Staff Great Food. 😀”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I had dinner with a group of friends back in November, being all locals we wanted to try the New Mexican restaurant. On arrival we were greater and welcomed by our lovely waitress and taken to our out door table.
Tamara (hope I got the name correct) was very attentive and professional.
Outside we were surrounded by beautiful views and vineyards.
We all started with cocktails and cold beverages upon ordering.
The menu has a good range of Mexican to offer with affordable prices.
To start we all shared the guacamole dip. WOW. This was by far the best I have ever tasted.
After ordering, our Main Meals we were served prompt and efficiently.
I ordered nachos which was served on a bed of warm corn chips, topped with Monterrey Jack cheese, beans, Guacamole, Sour Cream and tomato salsa. AMAZING.
Thank you to all the staff we all will be back again.
Great restaurant Max and finally a great team

• Visited November 2013