“Very nice wine!”
Review of McLeish Estate

McLeish Estate
Ranked #59 of 113 things to do in Pokolbin
More attraction details
Owner description: A recipient of numerous trophies, gold, silver and bronze awards, family owned McLeish Estate is one of the Hunter Valley’s premium wine producers. Robert and Maryanne McLeish oversee every aspect of the venture and have been joined by their daughter Jessica, a marketing graduate who is furthering her studies in Master of Wine Business in order to become a second-generation vigneron. A true family run enterprise, the McLeish’s use only hand harvested fruit and are passionate about producing wines that reflect the Hunter Valley’s regional diversity. Having celebrated its 25th vintage in 2010, McLeish Estate has established itself as one of the Hunter Valley’s most awarded premium boutique wineries. McLeish Estate’s home is in the lower Hunter, in the parish of Pokolbin, Australia’s oldest wine producing region that has produced wine since 1830. The cellar door is surrounded by 11 hectares of lush vineyard which produces wines that embody all that is wonderful about the fruit of the vine. McLeish Estate has generated many prized wines including the internationally acclaimed semillon and flagship styles of verdelho, chardonnay, merlot, cabernet sauvignon, shiraz, rose, dessert wine and blends. McLeish Estate Wines is recognised as a five star producer by Australian wine critic James Halliday. When touring the Hunter Valley, visiting the McLeish Estate cellar door is a must. Drop in and enjoy tastings of current and aged vintages.
Reviewed February 13, 2014

This was our first stop of the day and my very first wine tasting. Very informative and told us a lot about each of the wines we were tasting which was lovely. Our whole group liked the wines and many were bought.
Only negative was that we were told to keep the talk down so that we weren't to loud, which we understood where they were coming from but it was a bit of a downer for our first stop. Maybe a separate room should be created?
Would recommend for the wine.

1  Thank Jods06
"nibbles"
"standout"
"favour"

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Debbie served us and was very friendly and informative about the wines which were great. Our 2 children were given chocolates by Mrs McLeish and were kept happy which made.our experience more enjoyable. Loved the wines, joined the clue and bought plenty. Good people equate to good sales. Thanks Debbie from Leicester!

Reviewed November 16, 2013

This was my second visit to this smaller, family-owned winery as they sell my fav wine: 'Jessica', which is named after their daughter.

It's a sweet dessert wine costing $25 per bottle. Not to everybody's taste, I know, but there are plenty of other varieties available to tempt your taste buds.

On both of my visits, I have found the family members to be both pleasant & friendly & I have them to thank for steering me to this wine in the first place. Not being much of a 'drinker', I had not previously found a wine that I enjoyed this much, until I visited their establishment.

So - thank you McLeish Family!

PS: Unsure about whether they serve meals but I know that they do serve nibbles.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We were a group of 38, we all had a great experience there. The Sparkling Shiraz was also a treat as they normally don't open it for tastings. Recommend it to everyone.