“Really not worth it”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2013

This cafe/restaurant is really not what it is cracked up to be. The waitress we had looked as if she really did not want to be there. I ordered the lamb burger which came with supposedly 'hand cut' french fries which were so thin, brown and soggy I could not eat any of them. The other dish ordered which was a special of pork, black pudding, brussell sprouts, mulberries etc. was very nice allbeit a bit too much oil. This was a disappointing visit.

2  Thank rmp26

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Attended the restaurant for dinner with my partner. It was an enjoyable experience. The food was well presented and had very good flavor. The house pickled vegetables were very good and the original display of the pate smeared along the plate looked excellent. Dessert was definitely a highlight with the coconut and raspberry frozen cream. Excellent flavor and a generous serving . The jars of micro herbs were a very nice touch on each table throughout the restaurant.

However, i personally do not agree with the continual opening of sparkling water without asking if the table wishes to continue with it. I understand it is considered a finer service method, but i believe that it is polite, and more suitable to ask.

There isn't a lot to view outside the restaurant, which i'm not saying is a fault of the restaurants, as it is attached to a large winery blocking any view of the landscape. I simply say this to inform further diners that your conversation heavily depends on the entertainment of the dining experience. Bugs may be a slight problem when visiting the toilet in the evenings, but it is the country, so it is expected.

Overall, a very enjoyable experience.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We attended a private event which used the whole restaurant. There were approximately 28 guests. We did not want to attend as we much prefer the Margaret River area (in terms of atmosphere, food & wine) & it is an extremely busy time of the year for us, however it was the birthday of a family friend & we wanted to be part of her celebration.

Our trepidation was alleviated when we arrived at the restaurant. We gathered outside on arrival & the staff immediately attended to us. The atmosphere was very relaxed & I noticed the attention to detail put into the fixtures/fittings/decorations/toilets, etc.

The restaurant had a relaxed, yet professional feel. My only complaint (which I would apply to most restaurants) was that due to the hard floor covering (& I understand why from a cleanliness point of view) it was very noisy & we could not hear the other people sitting at the table talking; we all had hoarse voices from yelling – there was one very loud person in the party sitting near a corner so due to the acoustics, I think his voice was ‘trumpeted’ out.

The food was AMAZING. It was so unexpected as I had no knowledge of the restaurant or the Chef. The food was served on large plates & the tables of 6 -7 people shared. The lamb was to die for; the potato in the vegetables was a homemade gnocchi (ingenious & great way to eat it) & that homemade coconut dessert....light, melt in the mouth – was it ice cream? was it mousse? was it candy (there were very small crunchy bits in it which added another texture)? The coffee was very good (usually I decline & make my own at home with a double filtered pot on the stove) & the tea came in a ceramic pot with real leaves. I have a couple of food allergies however I usually manage without too much bother (choose not to eat certain foods & pick things out as it is all a bit boring). When the staff noticed I was not eating some things they enquired & the chef cooked me a couple of separate items – thank you chef.

After dinner we moved outside to a patio/courtyard area & danced til very late. There is accommodation upstairs in the form of a two bedroom apartment in which my friend stayed. After dreading our evening in the Hunter Valley, we are very glad that we went. We had a great time with friends, & the food & service at the Muse Kitchen was OUTSTANDING – we will be back.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Living locally this was our fIrst visit but we will be regulars. The location is beautiful. New but reminds us of French Provinial. the restairant is a delightfully appointed inside/ outside mix. The staff are all so on the ball, knowledgable, helpful - there when you need thm but not intrusive. Now the food.... The menu is well balanced and imaginative but not OTT. Plenty of great choices. We had the stuffed zucchini flowers, the sashimi, the pâté, the prawns and the bugs - all superb. The accompanying pan fried Brussels sprouts were magnificent as were the string fries....The wine is from Tullochs and we were delighted with the Chardonnay and the Rose

Well done to the whole team. What a find......

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Four of us went to lunch yesterday and as usual had a delightful experience. This was our third visit and, apart from a minor glitch in the ordering of one meal, everything was well enjoyed by all. The food was great, the service was great, the ambience was great - what more is there to ask?

Will recommend to anyone who likes a good dining experience...