“Lovely Wedding Breakfast marred by penny pinching attitude.”
Review of Peterson House

Peterson House
Ranked #4 of 112 things to do in Pokolbin
Bolter End. Bucks. Uk.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Lovely Wedding Breakfast marred by penny pinching attitude.”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

We attended my nephew's wedding reception at this upmarket venue. No expense was spared by the hosts in terms of flowing champagne and excellent food . However I was flabbergasted to be told by a senior member of staff that mustard wwould be charged as an extra to go with my steak! Not impressed.

Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Delicious Breakfast”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We wanted to try this place as it was listed on our hotels must have breakfast and we weren't disappointed at all. Location is beautiful and the view from the café/restaurant is lovely. This was a very nice way to end our trip to Hunter Valley as we ate breakfast here on our way back home.
I had ordered the coffee pancakes which was hands down the best pancakes I've ever had, it was fluffy and the caramel sauce it came with was so scrumptious!! My husband ordered the eggs benedict with mushroom and this was also very lovely although the yolk was not runny and had been over done. We ordered a kids meal for our son too which was quite a generous serving and he too enjoyed his meal.
I would definitely recommend this place to family & friends and anyone looking for somewhere lovely to eat.
We will visit again next time we come to Hunter Valley again.

Visited November 2013
Gosford, Australia
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Amazing, Fine dining or bistro style or just tasting.”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have eaten many times at this fine establishment. Many brunches out the back, lovely antipasto plates, prawn and oyster plates ready for quick service. In the main dining restaurant section you are met with a great menu and a fantastic wine list. The great food is matched with thoughtful and professional wait staff.
Ask them about their wine and you will get a great description, this place trains their staff and boy it shows. How refreshing because at times the Hunter is a little hit and miss.

Visited September 2013
Sydney, Australia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Ah....mazing!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I was recommended to have breakfast at the Champagne House and was blown away..
Ok, it was just corn cakes, but the attention to detail was exquisite!
The caramelised balsamic (made by the chef) was to die for... Add a little bacon, guacamole and crème fraiche and you are onto a winner.
Service was good and make sure you pick a seat looking out to the vineyard...
Highly recommend it!

Visited October 2013
Canberra, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“50-50”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

After a delicious brunch in the restaurant,y friend and I were looking forward to tasting some of the fabled sparkling wine. Our host welcomed us to the bar but got distracted by one of the new members and would have left us standing there all morning had we not finally said something. The second bar tender attended to us enough to pour us one taste, then we were ignored again. After 15 minutes we left. Gauche showmanship of bar tenders was also off putting. If it weren't for the good food and wine I would be rating this experience very poorly indeed.

Visited October 2013