“Happy almost”

Mercure Resort Hunter Valley Gardens
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Pokolbin
“Happy almost”
Reviewed April 14, 2011

We were in general happy with the accomodation but thought the kitchen equipment could of been upgraded and the restaurant did not give us the discount we expected.Tea and coffee that should of been suppied was not adequate.The grounds were wonderful and the position was also great so looking forward to seeing some changes for the best

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Reviewed April 2, 2011

We only had a couple of days to enjoy it but it was the nicest and best resort we have ever stayed at. Everything was perfect and our room was simply amazing - we would recommend it to anyone. We will definitely be going back.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
California
Reviewed March 30, 2011

Walking distance to the Hunter Valley Garden, village shops, and nearby wineries. We booked for a "superior" room. The amenities available and quality of the rooms do not make this a resort. The rectangle pool was tiny; my kids have to swim with a couple who who should have moved their private affairs into their room. Breakfast offer was limited and expensive. No place to go to for a decent coffee in the morning. The shops nearby does not open until 10:00am. The room we were in was small and dated with hodgepodge of artworks & decors, no wifi offer, no safe to store our valuables. That said it's no better than a Best Western hotel chain.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Burrawang
Reviewed March 27, 2011

My wife our friends and I travelled to the Hunter Valley so your friends could go to Neil Diamond concert and my wife and I could celebrate my birthday at one of the excellent restaurants. I must say that our experience was one of the best we have had at an Accor Hotel. The service from the very first call to book until we left Mercure Resort Hunter Valley Gardens was superb.

I was not only impressed by the reception, bar and restaurant staff, and believe me they were all wonderful. I was so impressed by the team work and happy nature of all the house keeping, cleaning etc staff. The rooms were immaculate. The restaurant staff went above and beyond the call of duty. The food was superb. What more can I say, the professional nature of the staff at this hotel is a credit to the management of this hotel and should be commended.

I would like the staff and management to receive this feedback and would like to hear how the wonderful performance of this great team has been rewarded. I will be travelling back to the Hunter Valley in the future and believe me Mercure Resort Hunter Valley Gardens is where I will be staying.

Steven Horton

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 25, 2011

301 no doubt is specially designed for wheelchair visitors. My wife and I were dissappointed that we could not watch Television from the 2 seater lounge position and further there was only one moveable chair. We had to sit on the bed to watch TV which was really too close to the screen. The shower area got saturated. Next time we will only come if we can get a convential room. We consider if you have to allocate the specialty room/s to people without disabilities visitors should be advised accordingly

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pokolbin
The Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley
Chateau Elan Hunter Valley
Hunter Valley Resort
Hunter Valley Resort
#8 of 15 in Pokolbin

Been to Mercure Resort Hunter Valley Gardens? Share your experiences!