I co-organised a small conference / workshop (~60 people) held at the Hunter Valley Resort in July 2013. The staff at the Resort were wonderful and extremely well organised; setting up the conference was a breeze, and it was considerably cheaper like-for-like than any of the other venues in the Hunter Valley that I looked at. The venue itself is well situated in beautiful countryside and nicely secluded. The rooms are perfectly fine, and the breakfasts are great. The only very slight criticism is that the evening meals were OK but not great (although this may be a consequence of the trials of cooking for 60 people - I've eaten in the resort's restaurant before and had an excellent meal). Delegates only had good things to say about the Hunter Valley Resort, and we'd certainly consider coming back. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everything you are looking for in the Hunter - all at the one resort...* Onsite daily vineyard tours at 9am* Hunter Wine Theatre daily at 11am and 2pm* Adventure Centre has horse & carriage tour, Horse riding, Segway tours and Electric bike hire * Matilda Bay Brewhouse (12 craft beers) * Winetasting Cellars with 34 wines * Hunter Valley Wine School * Fantastic food from our Restaurant * Board games, pool table, 3km walking track * Heavenly Hunter Massage Centre * Pool, tennis, heated spa * Wonderful rooms featuring timber cathedral ceilings * Situated within our own 40 year old vineyards * Owned and operated by the Hele family * And within minutes of the resort... 3 championship golf courses including Cypress Lakes and The Vintage, The Hunter Valley Gardens, cafes, restaurants, hot air ballooning, cheese factories, a chocolate factory, antique stores, a whole shopping village, 3 pampering / massage businesses and over 140 wineries to visit! Or if you prefer, just sit back, relax and finish that book you have been promising to do... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Hunter Valley Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hunter Valley Hotel Pokolbin
- Hunter Resort Pokolbin
- Hunter Hotel Pokolbin
- Hunter Valley Resort Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin