Our Wedding, 23rd March 2013, Hunter Valley Resort.
We would like to express our sincere thanks to everyone at Hunter Valley Resort for making it a memorable time.
I apologise if I cannot remember everyone but a special thanks to all including Jan our co-ordinator and your colleague Kylie, Fiona on the reception ( don’t worry Fiona I don’t want your job I’ll be happy with the Concierge position), I think it was Josh and Shannon in the Cafe/Restaurant, Charmaine and her wonderful team who made sure the Reception etc went smoothly, Glen and Nathan our Wine tour guides ( I still need to know how many grapes to a bottle), the housekeeping staff who kept the rooms stocked and clean, the chefs for wonderful pizzas in the cafe and the beautiful breakfast each morning.
The menu provided for the reception was wonderful, I know I didn’t leave anything on the plate and those Rice wrap prawns for entree were delicious.
The room we used was ideal size for our party even providing room for a dance.
All our guests that were there just for the wedding or stayed for the weekend all made positive compliments about the resort except maybe that some of the rooms may need updating but overall positive feedback.
A gentleman who was staying there was unable to use a horse ride he had booked for he and his wife and gave it to the young girls who were in our party and the only let down was that no one could get in contact with the contractors who supply the horse rides to confirm times etc until they arrived on site at 10:00hrs on the Sunday morning. Lack of communication that could be improved.
My only other criticism would be the entry sign on Hermitage Road that it wasn’t lit up and due to freeway hold ups in Sydney a few of our guests that arrived after dark on the Friday night commented that they saw the windmill lit up for the Tuscany Estate across the road but found it hard to see the Hunter Resort Entrance.
Again we would like to thank one and all for a memorable wedding and stay at the resort; we look forward to returning for another stay later in the year.
As a complete package for wedding, reception and accommodation it was very good.
Lyle and Coralie
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everything you are looking for in the Hunter - all at the one resort...* Onsite daily vineyard tours at 9am* Hunter Wine Theatre daily at 11am and 2pm* Adventure Centre has horse & carriage tour, Horse riding, Segway tours and Electric bike hire * Matilda Bay Brewhouse (12 craft beers) * Winetasting Cellars with 34 wines * Hunter Valley Wine School * Fantastic food from our Restaurant * Board games, pool table, 3km walking track * Heavenly Hunter Massage Centre * Pool, tennis, heated spa * Wonderful rooms featuring timber cathedral ceilings * Situated within our own 40 year old vineyards * Owned and operated by the Hele family * And within minutes of the resort... 3 championship golf courses including Cypress Lakes and The Vintage, The Hunter Valley Gardens, cafes, restaurants, hot air ballooning, cheese factories, a chocolate factory, antique stores, a whole shopping village, 3 pampering / massage businesses and over 140 wineries to visit! Or if you prefer, just sit back, relax and finish that book you have been promising to do... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hunter Valley Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hunter Valley Hotel Pokolbin
- Hunter Resort Pokolbin
- Hunter Hotel Pokolbin
- Hunter Valley Resort Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin