My husband and I recently stayed here for 2 nights, mid-week. Leading up to our stay the customer service was great and upon our arrival, we were warmly greeted. We appreciated the well-stocked complimentary mini-bar, abundant selection of DVDs and helpful recommendations for dinner/wine tours. Breakfast between 8.30-9am each morning was served at the restaurant - a delicious selection of fresh fruit, warm tarts, pastries and great smoothies. We liked the way the room had a seperate sitting area next to the door/windows. If we'd been planning on spending more time in the room it would have bothered me that the only windows were at the front of the room, away from the sleeping area. We probably could have done with an extra towel in the bathroom but other than that everything about the stay was fantastic. The pool is small (5 good strokes, end to end) but a welcome retreat on a hot day. I'd have no hesitation about staying again. We didn't try Botanica, the restaurant as we weren't there on an evening it was open. Many restaurants in this area only open for part of the week, including the weekend.
I'd recommend the Wine School further down Hermitage Rd as a good introduction to visting the vineyards and a trip to Mistletoe wines for the wine and the art. We also thought the wine at McLeish's estate was good and the trip to Tyrell's is a must. Hungerford Hills have just released a nice sparkling wine, which is worth a taste if you are looking for bubbles and going to Peterson's across the road anyway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Personal service & attention to detail in every way! A luxurious Guesthouse, Spicers Vineyards Estate is set amidst its own private vineyard. Every suite features king beds, lounge area, open fireplace, spa en-suite, flat screen TV with CD/DVD and IPod dock, whilst the property boasts gourmet dining experiences at onsite Restaurant Botanica, Salt water pool & spa, guest lounge & boardroom, free wireless broadband and every guest is greeted on arrival with complimentary wine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Spicers Vineyards Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spicers Vineyards Estate Hotel Pokolbin
- Vineyards Estate Pokolbin
- Vineyards Estate Hotel Pokolbin
- Spicers Vineyards Estate Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin