I have never written on this or any other similar website but I felt compelled to tell the world about our amazing stay at Spicers last week.
My partner and I arranged a very last minute (child-free!) trip to the hunter and were so pleasantly surprised at what awaited us. Our first impression was of the incredible Sharon at reception (ever-present – after 3 days we decided that she must NEVER sleep as she was always around and super attentive). Our room was perfect (just wish it had been cool enough to start up the fireplace!), the complimentary mini bar – one of the nicest touches EVER, our dinner at Botanica rivalled any restaurant I have dined in throughout Sydney, the pool area was cozy and natural (we spent many hours there!) and the staff were able to offer advice and suggestions on local wineries/eateries that were honest and accurate. We had one tiny little technical hitch with teh water in our bathroom – maintenance staff were there within minutes and it was all sorted. Unnecessarily, Spicers staff arrived not only with a bottle of beautiful champagne to compensate but then arranged for our breakfast (yummy food!) to be served at a beautiful table set up in the vines. Lovely lovely touch.
I have been to the hunter on at least 10 occasions and this is up there with the most memorable because of our accommodation and the staff at Spicers.
It is obvious that the owners have placed their heart and soul into this business and as a result we felt like we were staying with family.
We will be back very soon – looking forward to trying one of the new rooms (oh and the pool!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Personal service & attention to detail in every way! A luxurious Guesthouse, Spicers Vineyards Estate is set amidst its own private vineyard. Every suite features king beds, lounge area, open fireplace, spa en-suite, flat screen TV with CD/DVD and IPod dock, whilst the property boasts gourmet dining experiences at onsite Restaurant Botanica, Salt water pool & spa, guest lounge & boardroom, free wireless broadband and every guest is greeted on arrival with complimentary wine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Spicers Vineyards Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spicers Vineyards Estate Hotel Pokolbin
- Vineyards Estate Pokolbin
- Vineyards Estate Hotel Pokolbin
- Spicers Vineyards Estate Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin