My husband and I stayed at Spicers resort recently and upon arrival were greeted with friendly helpful staff which continued throughout our stay.
The resort is very quiet which is due to only a small amount of people can stay which makes for a pleasant stay.
The rooms were clean, comfortable and nicely laid out.
My only whinge, and this is due to my husband and I like to keep active, would be the tennis court and pool.
The tennis court is virtually out of use due to the uneven court surface. If you were to play you would probably break your ankle and the pool was very uninviting.
This disappointed us as we weren't told when making our reservation the tennis court was the way it is.
In all fairness we could see the resort was having additions and work done to it but having said that they need to upkeep and maintain these areas especially since they say they have them to use and certainly the staying price is not cheap and they call themselves a resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Personal service & attention to detail in every way! A luxurious Guesthouse, Spicers Vineyards Estate is set amidst its own private vineyard. Every suite features king beds, lounge area, open fireplace, spa en-suite, flat screen TV with CD/DVD and IPod dock, whilst the property boasts gourmet dining experiences at onsite Restaurant Botanica, Salt water pool & spa, guest lounge & boardroom, free wireless broadband and every guest is greeted on arrival with complimentary wine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Spicers Vineyards Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spicers Vineyards Estate Hotel Pokolbin
- Vineyards Estate Pokolbin
- Vineyards Estate Hotel Pokolbin
- Spicers Vineyards Estate Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin