“A decadent weekend away....”
Review of Tower Lodge

Tower Lodge
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Pokolbin
Sydney, Australia
“A decadent weekend away....”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My wife and I wanted to spend some quiet time alone together this weekend, and so we booked into the Tower Lodge to spoil oursleves a little... but that was an understatement !! This place is spectacular !! By the end of it - we were already trying to figure how how soon we could get away and do it again.
Everything was first rate from the ambience in the spacious Lounge Room through to the wonderful decor and attention to detail in the individual layout of each room. The service is of the highest standard and the whole experience was incredibly flattering.
Once settled into the rooms - its hard to leave. There is nothing quite like a fire crackling away on a cold winters night and we just wanted to relax and absorb the tranquility. Breakfast the next morning was very indulgent and extremely generous. We were lost in time, reading the paper, soaking up the view of the mist covered mountains through the large windows, while savouring that wonderful meal.....we really didnt want it to end...

The Tower Lodge is up there with the best that Australia has to offer. We cant wait to do it again....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mick S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed May 29, 2013

As we entered the majestic grand doors of Tower Lodge, I was in love.

The amazing entrance of Tower Lodge takes you to another place. I felt as though I was in a beautiful Riad in Marrakech or in an exclusive chateau somewhere in France. I never knew such a magical place existed only a few hours from Sydney.

The first room we saw was The Lounge Room. The fire place was going, there was ambient music, the lounge was extremely comfortable. I was lost for words as the place was just sooo beautiful and luxurious yet it was cosy, warm and extremely welcoming. I was intrigued by all the detailing and delicious ambience. The energy of the room was captivating and so comforting. I couldn't stop smiling and giggling for hours as I was just in awe at how amazing this place already was and I haven't even seen my room.

I stayed in Room 10. Perfection. Absolute perfection. The room was decadent, luxurious and extremely welcoming. Seems to be a common theme in this amazing place.

As I entered the room, I was welcomed with the crackling of wood from the fireplace and classical music. WOW! Felt so pampered and looked after already.

The fittings and detailing of the room was exquisite. Absolutely exquisite. The bed was extremely comfortable. I haven't slept that well in ages. The bathroom was amazing!... Extremely spacious, luxurious and very inviting.

The staff were impeccable, caring and attentive.

Paul was the manager on for the evening we arrived. There was a large group of us arriving throughout all crazy hours of the night and Paul was AMAZING!.. He was friendly, attentive and provided amazing service - maintaining my fireplace for house on end even though I wasn't in the room and spending my time hanging out in the Lounge Room. We had arranged a dinner service for our group at a certain time and kept changing the times on when to serve dinner due to our different arrival times and Paul was soo great with all the changes requested!!

Another mention would have to be to Karlie, the owner of the estate. WOW! What an incredible human being - So attentive, generous, gracious and wonderful. Karlie managed our booking and our constant requests and changes (even up to the very very last minute) and she made the start of the experience delightful. It was really lovely to have met the owner and hear her share the story, the history and share the love and passion for this gorgeous venue. It made the experience really personable and amazing.

I can't recommend this place enough!.. It was one of the most amazing hotel experiences in my life. I have travelled around the world.. and never would I ever have thought such a grand and decadent place existed only a few hours from Sydney. It's a little piece of European luxury in Australia. It really is up there with one of my top travelling experiences.

I'm still giddy and in awe of how amazing this place is. I can't wait to revisit. A home away from home. A luxurious escape. Totally magical.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank yummii
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I had a project/photoshoot on location in hunter valley & when I saw the pictures they just blew my mind away! But let me tell you.....nothing describes the magic this place has!!! it is everything luxurious but cosy at the same time!!!!!! the perfect addition to a hunter valley experience. All ammenities are top notch, so so spacious, furnishings are each customised so that each room has a different theme (yes i asked to check out some other rooms after seeing the lobby)!!! the staff there are so friendly and hospitable (Paul especially). parking is right out front, minutes walk away from other estates and winerys, food was high quality (produce was fresh as expected from the hunter region).... I am cannot say enough about this place, I think it is perfect for ANY type of stay as I was on a work trip. But I instantly missed my partner and messaged him right away when I saw the fireplace!!!! Thank you to the staff, you are amazing.

Room Tip: the rooms have different themes so depending on your style, let the staff know when you make your bo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MakeMeOverKatie
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Absolutely stunning! felt like i was in another country, they served amazing food as well, i felt like i was in paradise!! - the staff were so kind, made me feel at home. Paul Moussa & Karlie May what an amazing job they did! so friendly and helpful :) Highly recommend the tower lodge, im definitely coming back. THE VIEWS WERE AMAZING! x

Room Tip: stayed in the eastern rooms felt like i was in mexico! the view was amazing #vinyards
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Naomi S
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We recently returned to the Tower Lodge for a one night stay.

We chose the Oriental Room and the room itself was amazing, but then for $700 per night you would hope it would be.

The afternoon tea was quite plain in comparison to what was served 3 years ago and the breakfast was very average.

The staff really let this place down. I'm told there are only 10 rooms making it a boutique luxury hotel. Given this, and the price you pay, you would expect the staff to be very customer focused. I requested a bottle of water from the front desk and the lady behind the desk let out a big sigh and made a face as if it was the most difficult thing she had to do that day. We requested a slightly later check out and were advised by a different staff member that a "VIP" was checking into our room the following day so he would have to confirm whether we could stay an extra half an hour. We had booked the best room in the hotel for the night. It would have been nice for us to be treated like VIPs as well.

The Tower Lodge is part of the Select luxury hotels group. We recently stayed at another boutique hotel which is also part of this group - the service at that hotel was outstanding with a real customer focus. The room was significantly cheaper than the Tower Lodge.

It's truly a shame. We stayed for 3 nights in 2010 and had a great time with attentive staff, and delicious food.

We're happy to pay for quality but the service of the staff and average food let down what was a a very special place for us.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Indulgent_travel
Petersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Lovely location with great atmosphere despite being brand new.

Great pool and grounds set in its own vineyard to which on gets complimentary tours.

In house restaurant is lovely, five minutes walk the through the vines, but horribly expensive.

Rooms are spacious and beautifully decorated.

Ideally located for exploring the Hunter Valley.

Only the price costs it it's fifth star.

Room Tip: All are excellent
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sm0ky
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Last Spring my wife and I got married at Roberts restaurant and stayed at the lodge for 2 nights in the oriental room. Rooms were very private, clean and very unique. We visited a couple of rooms before settling for the Oriental Suite.

Staff were always smiling and accommodating to our unique needs. The shuttle bus driver stayed up late just in case on our wedding night to take us back to the lodge. The wedding planner kept track of all components and took our input for custom requests. The owner Matt was also lovely no the phone for additional requests and customer service.

While staying at the lodge, I highly recommend getting pre-dinner drinks by the fireplace during the colder time of the year. It's very romantic.
I would highly recommend this lodge for a short getaway in the Hunter or a wedding.
We will be going back for years to come.

My only regret is not being to climb the rock climbing wall! Mind you I didn't ask.

Room Tip: Look at the photos online of each room and pick one best on personal preference. They are all very...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pokolbin
The Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley
Chateau Elan Hunter Valley
Splinters Guest House
Splinters Guest House
#3 of 15 in Pokolbin

Been to Tower Lodge? Share your experiences!