My wife and I stayed at the Tower Lodge about a year ago, January 2012.
We are used to go to New Zealand and really appreciate small special hotels like the ones we find there. We found Tower Lodge searching the web with recommendations from Relais & Chateaux, what made us think it would nothing but great.
The place is amazing, but service was average - and talking about cleanliness, it was pretty bad.
We tried to use the fitness room, but just like the watch in the wall, most of the (few) equipment there simply didn't work. We stayed there for 5 or 6 nights and the swimming pool area was never cleaned - I mean, never. All the empty bottles we found there on our first day were still there at the check out.
All the care and refinement we found at the 9 Restaurant and at the bar for the pre-dinner drinks were forgotten in way to the rooms and other facilities.
Talking about restaurant 9, it's an incredible experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tower Lodge is the only truly intimate World class luxury Lodge in the Hunter Valley region, accommodating a maximum of 24 guests at any one time. The Lodge is not only luxurious, but also offers a stage to create your own special experience, one that will become your benchmark for years to come. Located at Tower Estate in the Hunter Valley, Australia the Lodge was recognised as the best "Luxury Lodge" for 2010 at the World Luxury Hotel Awards. Tower Lodge represents all that is Unique, Intimate and Luxurious. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tower Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tower Lodge - Relais And Chateaux
- Tower Lodge - Relais & Chateaux Hotel Pokolbin
- Tower Lodge Pokolbin
- Pokolbin Tower Lodge
- Tower Lodge Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin