My second stay at Tower Lodge was even better than my already incredible first stay. The management has changed, there are a lot of new staff and all are operating at a 5* level that would not be out of place in the very top hotels of the world.
There are only 12 rooms here and all are beautifully appointed with huge amounts of space whilst remaining comfortable and cosy. The decor has a South American feel to it which lends itself beautifully to the surrounding area and keeps the rooms cool (we were there in the middle of a heatwave!)
Breakfast was delicious although my only gripe would be that hot breakfast was not included in the bed & breakfast rate and this was not explained on booking - something that needs to be looked at. Other than that, everything was beautifully made, beautifully fresh and served by wonderful staff.
We were also lucky enough to eat at the superb Nine restaurant within the main Lodge, which I was not able to do on my first stay, and we were blown away. The 7 course degustation menu was a joy at every course; the setting in a tiny cellar made it extra special and, again, the service was awesome with Jonno the Maitre d' looking after us perfectly.
Only other gripe was the lack of internet in the rooms although it was mentioned that they are working on this ASAP so I'm sure it won't be long until this is sorted.
The wines at Tower Estate are delicious - we fell in love with the 2012 Chardonnay - so make sure you also go down to the Cellar Door.
Can't recommend highly enough and can't wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tower Lodge is the only truly intimate World class luxury Lodge in the Hunter Valley region, accommodating a maximum of 24 guests at any one time. The Lodge is not only luxurious, but also offers a stage to create your own special experience, one that will become your benchmark for years to come. Located at Tower Estate in the Hunter Valley, Australia the Lodge was recognised as the best "Luxury Lodge" for 2010 at the World Luxury Hotel Awards. Tower Lodge represents all that is Unique, Intimate and Luxurious. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tower Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tower Lodge - Relais And Chateaux
- Tower Lodge - Relais & Chateaux Hotel Pokolbin
- Tower Lodge Pokolbin
- Pokolbin Tower Lodge
- Tower Lodge Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin