We have recently returned from a wonderful two-night stay for our 20th wedding anniversary and everything was more than we expected. The staff were very friendly and professional and our room was just perfect. We had an elevated bed area overlooking the lounge and a large walk-through dressing area to the bathroom with amazing rain shower.
The breakfasts provided a lovely relaxed, and filling, start to the day and we were lucky with the weather to be able to enjoy one of them outside in the sun in the courtyard.
Pre-dinner drinks were served in the bar area (just have to return when it is colder and the fire is lit) and we were then chauffured by Andreas (the GM) to and from Roberts where we enjoyed a lovely dinner. The 'piece de resistance' was on the second night when, due to our late booking they could not accommodate us in "Nine"; instead we had a private dinner set-up in the library. The nine-course degustation meal is certainly worth the money and is a great experience - the 'swirling' of the red wine decanter and dry-ice presentation of the dessert' is well worth seeing!
As we have visited the Hunter Valley on numerous occasions, rushing around on wine tastings was not part of this trip which gave us the ideal opportunity to relax around the pool, which we had all to ourselves, on a lovely sunny afternoon.
Unfortunately, as we were not there for a weekend afternoon, we could not participate in afternoon tea, however, we would certainly love to return again and highly recommend a stay here.
Cheers, Anni and Scott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tower Lodge is the only truly intimate World class luxury Lodge in the Hunter Valley region, accommodating a maximum of 24 guests at any one time. The Lodge is not only luxurious, but also offers a stage to create your own special experience, one that will become your benchmark for years to come. Located at Tower Estate in the Hunter Valley, Australia the Lodge was recognised as the best "Luxury Lodge" for 2010 at the World Luxury Hotel Awards. Tower Lodge represents all that is Unique, Intimate and Luxurious. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tower Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tower Lodge - Relais & Chateaux Hotel Pokolbin
- Tower Lodge - Relais And Chateaux
- Tower Lodge Pokolbin
- Pokolbin Tower Lodge
- Tower Lodge Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin