I really wanted to give this hotel a 4 1/2 mark as it's not perfect and I rarely give a 5 however our enjoyment of the stay was a five. It's a large impressive property as you enter through the gates and progress up the drive towards the main building. All of the staff which we encountered were very friendly, helpful and non-intrusive. We booked a Heritage room which was clean comfortable and well appointed. The real star however is the idyllic views across the manicured lawn and down through the valley. We chose to make the most of our view by enjoying room service out on the balcony with some of the spoils of our days tour around the vineyards. As the balconies are open along the verandah you may find yourself in close proximity to your neighbors however being a Sunday night we were only accompanied by the view. The indoor pool at the property was nice but quite cold. Breakfast was a relaxed affair in a pretty conservatory with a large variety of options that should cater to most pallets -other than those that like to send things back because it isn't gold plated. I would definitely return to the Sebel in the future for a relaxed getaway with either friends or for a romantic escape.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the luxury and refinement of one of the Hunter Valley’s most prestigious estates. Situated on 70 acres of rolling countryside with spectacular mountain views. Kirkton Park is boutique hotel that blends classic elegance and charm with contemporary style. Stroll through manicured gardens, breathe in the fresh air make the most of our fitness centre and tennis courts. Or simply luxuriate in our impressive Grecian style heated indoor pool, spa and sauna. Only two hours drive north of Sydney, Kirkton Park is also a convenient venue for meetings, conferences and weddings. Versatile indoor and outdoor spaces to choose from, as well as mouth-watering food and beverage menus. The hotel also acts as your base from which to explore the delights of the Hunter Valley region. Discover boutique wineries, sample local cheeses and visit the magnificent Hunter Valley Gardens. Kirkton Park is your luxurious retreat in the heart of the Hunter Valley wine region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Kirkton Park Hotel Hunter Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley Hotel Pokolbin
- Kirkton Park Hotel Hunter Valley Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin