3 and 4 Oct.
Stunning location and really great colonial features. However, things went wrong from when we checked in. The block with our room number marked on the map by check in staff was incorrect and having driven to nearest car park, and carried our bags around aimlessly. We had to confirm details back at reception and were told to go where we were originally parked.
We arrived 2pm there is an all day menu but found no light meals apart from side orders. We did not want to pay for a full meal above $30 as we were going to eat at the restaurant that evening. A more appropriate lunch menu would be considerate.
The evening meal and service was most disappointing. We had an inkling of this while walking past the kitchen door with music blaring out over the peaceful gardens. This seemed to be the case everytime we passed during our stay. Really gives a bad impression to guests.
Staff got my side order wrong and included it on my main plate. How did they know we did not wish to share? The waitress did not pour our wine initially or refill at any point. Restaurant not busy and the matre de was hardly seen outside the kitchen. The glaze with the pork belly entree was stuck fast to the plate, not chance of tasting it with the pork that was just a brick of fat and crackling that was obviously a leftover. Also if you are going to serve a Spatchcock then please don't label it as Chicken on the Menu!
Room had interlocking door, unfortunate as we had some very loud and inconsiderate neighbours. Maybe better sound proofing?
At check out we were told about credit card fee, which was not much but I think they should inform customers of this when taking an imprint of card at check in!
Could be great place if a bit more attention to first impressions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the luxury and refinement of one of the Hunter Valley’s most prestigious estates. Situated on 70 acres of rolling countryside with spectacular mountain views. Kirkton Park is boutique hotel that blends classic elegance and charm with contemporary style. Stroll through manicured gardens, breathe in the fresh air make the most of our fitness centre and tennis courts. Or simply luxuriate in our impressive Grecian style heated indoor pool, spa and sauna. Only two hours drive north of Sydney, Kirkton Park is also a convenient venue for meetings, conferences and weddings. Versatile indoor and outdoor spaces to choose from, as well as mouth-watering food and beverage menus. The hotel also acts as your base from which to explore the delights of the Hunter Valley region. Discover boutique wineries, sample local cheeses and visit the magnificent Hunter Valley Gardens. Kirkton Park is your luxurious retreat in the heart of the Hunter Valley wine region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, IHG, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kirkton Park Hotel Hunter Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley Hotel Pokolbin
- Kirkton Park Hotel Hunter Valley Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin