We booked this hotel 2 nights thru Travelzoo @ $129 a night with a bottle of wine and a $30
dinner voucher each night + full b'fast for 2. What a bargain! We had a very big heritage room with 2 lounge chairs, a desk + chair, free wi-fi access and a newly remodelled bathroom. One downside was that the verandah is open access for all rooms and you feel a little "watched" sitting out to enjoy the expansive view. The bed was king size and lovely. Andrew on reception was more than helpful for us. The breakfast was very nice, continental with smoked salmon, meats, cheese, cereals and fruit. Then there was the bacon, scrambled eggs, poached eggs, sausages etc. Not a big choice but very nice just the same. One unusual thing was the pancake machine that turned out 2 small pancakes at the press of a button with maple syrup, berries and cream to add.The restaurant served meals with unusual additions. One night we had Daintree barramundi on pumpkin, baby spinach and cashews and an entree of spatchcock and labna (lebanese yoghurt cheese.) Newspapers were there each day, we used the pool and played
at the pool table. We asked for another night with the same deal without the extras and even
though in the hotel of 72 rooms only 15 people stayed the night before it was "no deal"! That seemed silly business practice as they didn't have linen to change etc. We went home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the luxury and refinement of one of the Hunter Valley’s most prestigious estates. Situated on 70 acres of rolling countryside with spectacular mountain views, Kirkton Park Hotel Hunter Valley is the ultimate place for you to escape, unwind and indulge. Kirkton Park is boutique hotel that blends classic elegance and charm with contemporary style and sophistication. It’s a place where you can leave the day-to-day behind, relaxing in luxurious accommodation, tasting exquisite food, and embracing the beautiful surrounds. Stroll through manicured gardens, breathe in the fresh air on picturesque walking trails, and make the most of our fitness centre and tennis courts. Or simply luxuriate in our impressive Grecian style heated indoor pool, spa and sauna. Only two hours drive north of Sydney, Kirkton Park is also a convenient venue for meetings, conferences and weddings. With a range of versatile indoor and outdoor spaces to choose from, as well as mouth-watering food and beverage menus, your event will be a memorable experience. The hotel also acts as your base from which to explore the delights of the Hunter Valley region. Discover boutique wineries, sample local cheeses and visit the magnificent Hunter Valley Gardens – the largest display garden in the southern hemisphere. Or if you’re feeling a little more adventurous, challenge yourself on a championship golf course or take a dream ride in a hot air balloon. Whether it’s a romantic weekend, time away with the family, a conference or wedding, or simply an indulgent escape, Kirkton Park is your luxurious retreat in the heart of the Hunter Valley wine region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kirkton Park Hotel Hunter Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley Hotel Pokolbin
- Kirkton Park Hotel Hunter Valley Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin