The Hunter Valley is sooo pretty with lots to do, its a shame the available accommodation is limited to three star but pricey options. We booked and paid with another couple, For some reason we were given rooms at the opposite end of the hotel and even though we paid the same price their room was about a third the size of ours with a dingy outlook. Weird because doing that is bound to cause tensions and a little confusion about costing. Breakfast option was a bit boarding school and bad value. But having paid so much for the room we felt bound to take it up. The bar was very under serviced when people came back from the concert. It should not have come as a surprise that people may like a drink at 10pm after a concert. The scenery was magnificent, beds were comfy. Bathroom was squeezy and the decor was cheap. Staff seemed pre occupied and a little officious, in their defence they seemed to have a lot on their plates.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you are looking for a close but elegant holiday away from the hustle and bustle of the city, we invite you to consider The Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley.The Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley is less than 2 hours drive from Sydney's CBD in the glorious, panoramic Pokolbin countryside. Featuring an excellent array of meeting, conference and event facilities, this stylish hotel combines the elegance of a bygone era with all the comforts and luxuries of a contemporary lifestyle. This romantic Hunter Valley accommodation is perfect for a couple's weekend away to reconnect, unwind and spend time with the one you love.Set within 70 acres of beautifully manicured gardens and gently rolling grounds with magnificent views over tranquil vineyards and the wineries of the Hunter Valley, The Sebel Kirkton Park offers exceptional accommodation and a superb array of activities for leisure guests, as well as the conference and incentive delegate. Elegant function rooms and stunning scenery make this the ideal venue for stylish wedding receptions.Couples and families will enjoy the manicured gardens, tennis courts and the many facilities at The Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley. With 71 beautifully appointed rooms and suites it is the ideal choice for romantic weekends away or time out with the children. There are several Hunter Valley accommodation wedding and weekend getaway packages available as well.The hotel accommodation rooms and suites are spacious and well appointed, majority with ensuite bathrooms, some with individual spa baths, complimentary cookies and tea making facilities, cable television, minibar and all rooms have broadband connectivity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, ACCOR, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley Hotel Pokolbin
- The Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin