The reception staff were very courteous and helpful. The hotel has good views, free parking, and a complimentary free internet access. Breakfast is costly at $22.50 per person when compared to number of items served.
However we were disappointed with the overall experience.
On the first day, we turned on the electric tea kettle and the electricity tripped in our room. We came to know that this issue was known and were moved to another room which we stayed in for the first day. This was in addition to the phone not operating in the first room. Next day we were upgraded to a deluxe room and were confirmed that this would not entail any cost. The deluxe room was better and had good views.
However to our dismay, we found a small cockroach inside the bed mattress when we woke up the second morning and killed it. This was informed at reception. While the bedsheets were changed, the room was not vacuumed and toilet papers were not replenished which we realized on returning at night. We noticed a small cockroach in the breakfast room top but did not want to disturb the other guests.
On checkout, we found an additional charge for the room upgrade which was informed to be free earlier. After a couple of wrong card swipes and corrections, we were able to finally checkout.
Hope the management checks and addresses these issues for future guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the luxury and refinement of one of the Hunter Valley’s most prestigious estates. Situated on 70 acres of rolling countryside with spectacular mountain views. Kirkton Park is boutique hotel that blends classic elegance and charm with contemporary style. Stroll through manicured gardens, breathe in the fresh air make the most of our fitness centre and tennis courts. Or simply luxuriate in our impressive Grecian style heated indoor pool, spa and sauna. Only two hours drive north of Sydney, Kirkton Park is also a convenient venue for meetings, conferences and weddings. Versatile indoor and outdoor spaces to choose from, as well as mouth-watering food and beverage menus. The hotel also acts as your base from which to explore the delights of the Hunter Valley region. Discover boutique wineries, sample local cheeses and visit the magnificent Hunter Valley Gardens. Kirkton Park is your luxurious retreat in the heart of the Hunter Valley wine region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kirkton Park Hotel Hunter Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley Hotel Pokolbin
- Kirkton Park Hotel Hunter Valley Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin