We stayed for 2 nights at the Sebel Kirkton for a wedding in October 2012. We had only just gotten back from a 5 night trip to Hamilton Island before staying here and I have to admit that the four star hotel we stayed at on Hamilton Island was much more luxurious than this. I thought the $545 we paid for 2 nights at the Sebel was very overpriced for what we got.
We did enjoy our stay at the Sebel and the grounds were beautiful however we believe it is in need of a refurbishment. Our room (room 15) joined to another room by a door. We could almost hear word for word what the other people were saying from each room beside us, there seemed to be an odd paint colour next to the air conditioning unit on our wall, there were messy power cords running under the door from the other room, the picture on the TV was not very clear and our kettle didn’t work.
I suppose after being at a resort for a week prior and being spoilt with endless breakfast choices the buffet at the Sebel didn’t compare so well. There just wasn’t as much choice and for a 5 star hotel I did expect more. But it was still a nice selection.
When we checked out, the price breakdown did not match our original quote but the total matched so I didn’t argue. When I went to pay on my creit card the price was different. I asked why and the lady on the desk said ‘Oh that is because we charge a 1.5% surcharge if you pay by credit’. It would have been nice to be told as a courtesy before putting it through.
Overall it was a nice stay and a beautiful place to watch a wedding. It just needs some work done before we decide to come back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the luxury and refinement of one of the Hunter Valley’s most prestigious estates. Situated on 70 acres of rolling countryside with spectacular mountain views. Kirkton Park is boutique hotel that blends classic elegance and charm with contemporary style. Stroll through manicured gardens, breathe in the fresh air make the most of our fitness centre and tennis courts. Or simply luxuriate in our impressive Grecian style heated indoor pool, spa and sauna. Only two hours drive north of Sydney, Kirkton Park is also a convenient venue for meetings, conferences and weddings. Versatile indoor and outdoor spaces to choose from, as well as mouth-watering food and beverage menus. The hotel also acts as your base from which to explore the delights of the Hunter Valley region. Discover boutique wineries, sample local cheeses and visit the magnificent Hunter Valley Gardens. Kirkton Park is your luxurious retreat in the heart of the Hunter Valley wine region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kirkton Park Hotel Hunter Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley Hotel Pokolbin
- Kirkton Park Hotel Hunter Valley Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin