We think the reviews which state this place is dated or shabby appear to be missing the point. The Sebel Kirkiton Park is like an old country manor house situation in perfectly manicured grounds in the heart of pokolbolin.
Rooms are located in wings along an old wooden veradah, which is surrounded by peaceful fountains and manicured grape vines.
Staff are friendly and helpful, price seemed reasonable & location overall is pretty good.
If you are looking for somewhere modern and sleek, this place (and probably the hunter valley) is not for you.
We did not visit the gym or pool but enjoyed a lovely bottle of wine on our verandah (common to all rooms in the block) overlooking local pastures complete with kangaroos.
It would have been nice if the bike rental was free.
The buffet breakfast was satisfactory but not an overly large selection.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the luxury and refinement of one of the Hunter Valley’s most prestigious estates. Situated on 70 acres of rolling countryside with spectacular mountain views, Kirkton Park Hotel Hunter Valley is the ultimate place for you to escape, unwind and indulge. Kirkton Park is boutique hotel that blends classic elegance and charm with contemporary style and sophistication. It’s a place where you can leave the day-to-day behind, relaxing in luxurious accommodation, tasting exquisite food, and embracing the beautiful surrounds. Stroll through manicured gardens, breathe in the fresh air on picturesque walking trails, and make the most of our fitness centre and tennis courts. Or simply luxuriate in our impressive Grecian style heated indoor pool, spa and sauna. Only two hours drive north of Sydney, Kirkton Park is also a convenient venue for meetings, conferences and weddings. With a range of versatile indoor and outdoor spaces to choose from, as well as mouth-watering food and beverage menus, your event will be a memorable experience. The hotel also acts as your base from which to explore the delights of the Hunter Valley region. Discover boutique wineries, sample local cheeses and visit the magnificent Hunter Valley Gardens – the largest display garden in the southern hemisphere. Or if you’re feeling a little more adventurous, challenge yourself on a championship golf course or take a dream ride in a hot air balloon. Whether it’s a romantic weekend, time away with the family, a conference or wedding, or simply an indulgent escape, Kirkton Park is your luxurious retreat in the heart of the Hunter Valley wine region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kirkton Park Hotel Hunter Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley Hotel Pokolbin
- Kirkton Park Hotel Hunter Valley Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin