This place has obviously been let run down by Mirvac and is seriously understaffed with inexperienced juniors and oversighted by a poor management team that just does not care.
Everything is done on the cheap. Our 'free upgrade' room (although paid for 6 months in advance) was only given to us niggardly by a resentful manager. Why advertise a free upgrade???? The 'free upgrade' room absolutely stunk from something that had rotted and leaked out of the fridge. Major battle to have us moved to a clean room ( same standard) and only after they could not find any air freshner in three different storerooms. Not too much to ask for a clean room for three nights paid for six months in advance. Bumped into a guest that was given our old room and he complained about the smell and was told to like it or lump it as hotel was full. Disgraceful to give someone that room when management knew of the problems. As a concert was on nearby the carpark was inundated with visitors for the shuttle bus therefore no place for guests to park their cars. Fridge in the new room packed it in first day and no replacement was available therefore no cold drinks. Balconies were unswept and dusty with cobwebs, bird droppings littered the railings. Room service trays and empty bottles were left outside doors for two days (kid you not) but staff were successfully able to high jump them without disturbing the pile. Bar virtually unattended and the young kids had no idea what some drinks were or how to mix them- although knew how to charge at premium prices. Same vein no empty glasses or bottles were ever removed from the tables in the lounge unless you did them yourself. A cheese platter mysteriously appeared on our bill with a completely different signature although this was withdrawn. Free Tip to Management and staff - Check room number and get a signature! The hostess at breakfast was rude (not to us) to a group of elderly people who did not understand protocol for a table. Gardens were half completed and hedges half trimmed- quite hilarious actually. No romantic wedding photos amongst the vines or the pond as the vines had withered and the pond was stagnant.
Mediocre at best with a surly management team that does not care.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you are looking for a close but elegant holiday away from the hustle and bustle of the city, we invite you to consider The Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley.The Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley is less than 2 hours drive from Sydney's CBD in the glorious, panoramic Pokolbin countryside. Featuring an excellent array of meeting, conference and event facilities, this stylish hotel combines the elegance of a bygone era with all the comforts and luxuries of a contemporary lifestyle. This romantic Hunter Valley accommodation is perfect for a couple's weekend away to reconnect, unwind and spend time with the one you love.Set within 70 acres of beautifully manicured gardens and gently rolling grounds with magnificent views over tranquil vineyards and the wineries of the Hunter Valley, The Sebel Kirkton Park offers exceptional accommodation and a superb array of activities for leisure guests, as well as the conference and incentive delegate. Elegant function rooms and stunning scenery make this the ideal venue for stylish wedding receptions.Couples and families will enjoy the manicured gardens, tennis courts and the many facilities at The Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley. With 71 beautifully appointed rooms and suites it is the ideal choice for romantic weekends away or time out with the children. There are several Hunter Valley accommodation wedding and weekend getaway packages available as well.The hotel accommodation rooms and suites are spacious and well appointed, majority with ensuite bathrooms, some with individual spa baths, complimentary cookies and tea making facilities, cable television, minibar and all rooms have broadband connectivity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your The Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley Hotel Pokolbin
- The Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin