This is a very nice place by normal standards, but it needs upgrading to match it's price. Our (new) friends had to change rooms because the room they were given was in disrepair. Our room was very antique old but- not not necessarily in a good way. However it was very pleasant and worth the stay if you don't mind paying about $50 too much per night.
One of the things we really enjoyed was the cocktail hour where they present sparkling wine and hors d'ouvres to their guests so that they can meet and mingle. We met a nice couple from St. Ives and like them so much that we are still dear friends and have met in other countries to travel together. If you figure that the wine and snacks were around $50 each, then it averages out the price correctly.
The Hunter Valley was amazing and I highly recommend Sobels winery. If you live in the states, you can carry back a lot of wine with you, as long as it is carryon luggage. Most wineries will outfit your box with makeshift handles so that the airlines will take it as luggage. If you happen to go to the Hunter Valley and just happen to go to Sobels and just happen to live in the Los Angeles area, and just happen to have a little extra room in your luggage, please bring me back some of their sparkling burgundy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the famous Wine Country and enjoy luxury boutique hotel accommodation at The Convent Hunter Valley. Just 2.5 hours drive from Sydney CBD, The Convent is nestled within one of Australia's premiere wine regions - Polkobin. Our unique location offers expansive acreage views of the glamorous boutique hotel - The Convent, Pepper Tree Winery and Circa 1876. All venues are located on the estate and surrounded by rich, produce filled kitchen gardens, creating a tranquil culinary treat pleasing to lovers of both food and wine. Whether you are planning a romantic getaway, a weekend with the girls or your mates, or a fun-filled family holiday, our intimate and boutique Hunter Valley hotel offers something for everyone. Unwind and enjoy renowned local wines at Pepper Tree Winery and share the passion for organic produce and farm to fork dining at our hatted restaurant at Circa 1876. Explore the Hunter Valleys with the whole family and sample the region's many attractions. With an onsite function room, a spectacular backdrop and a relaxing atmosphere, The Convent is the ideal venue for weddings, corporate events and celebrations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Agoda, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Convent Hunter Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Convent, Hunter Valley Hotel Pokolbin
- Peppers Convent Hunter Valley Pokolbin
- The Convent Hunter Valley Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin