The building is stunning and the restoration work is unique in the area. So it was lovely to be staying in an original restored buidling rather than a reproduction.
We booked in for the Romatic weekend package for my husbands birthday.
However the disappointined service started when we arrived and continued throughout the weekend. Firstly upon arrival we had to go hunting to find some who worked there which took 15 mins.
The social pre-dinner drinks lacked a sense of welcome and in fact when ordering a second drink it was frowned on.
The rooms require updating as they are very tired, with no working TV, music system or clock and moldy shower curtain.The beds are so uncomfortable, we both required chiropractic treatment the next day in Sydney. We also suggest you bring your own pillows as they are extremely lumpy - oh and we are both 40 and in good health! So goodness knows if you are older and not in good health.
The staff looked and behaved bored and unhelpful.
For the cost of the weekend I suggest go elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the famous Wine Country and enjoy luxury boutique hotel accommodation at The Convent Hunter Valley. Just 2.5 hours drive from Sydney CBD, The Convent is nestled within one of Australia's premiere wine regions - Polkobin. Our unique location offers expansive acreage views of the glamorous boutique hotel - The Convent, Pepper Tree Winery and Circa 1876. All venues are located on the estate and surrounded by rich, produce filled kitchen gardens, creating a tranquil culinary treat pleasing to lovers of both food and wine. Whether you are planning a romantic getaway, a weekend with the girls or your mates, or a fun-filled family holiday, our intimate and boutique Hunter Valley hotel offers something for everyone. Unwind and enjoy renowned local wines at Pepper Tree Winery and share the passion for organic produce and farm to fork dining at our hatted restaurant at Circa 1876. Explore the Hunter Valleys with the whole family and sample the region's many attractions. With an onsite function room, a spectacular backdrop and a relaxing atmosphere, The Convent is the ideal venue for weddings, corporate events and celebrations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Convent Hunter Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Convent, Hunter Valley Hotel Pokolbin
- Peppers Convent Hunter Valley Pokolbin
- The Convent Hunter Valley Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin