We stayed at Cypress Lakes in a two bedroom/two bathroom villa. I had shopped around various websites for the best price, but booking directly by phone with the resort was about $100/night cheaper than their own website. The villa was a perfect size for the 4 adults. We did not use the kitchen but it appeared adequate for basic cooking. The living area and each bedroom were each had their own air conditioning. A fly screen had fallen out of the bedroom window, so unfortunately we had to run the air conditioning overnight. The balcony had a lovely outlook, but was in our opinion unsafe and could not be used. Most other balconies on the other villas appeared to be in a similar condition. We did not require the included laundry but strangely it came with a dryer but no washing machine.
Breakfast was everything you needed breakfast to be, however staff left did not allocate vacant tables so it became crowded with people looking for a table. It would of made more sense to only allow entry once a table became available. The restaurant was also so far from the villa that we needed to drive.
We visited the Golden Door spa, which was exceptional and we would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Hunter Valley's picturesque hinterland surroundings, Cypress Lakes Resort by Oaks Hotels & Resorts promises a tranquil and indulgent escape, ideal for a leisurely holiday with family and friends, golfing break, memorable wedding, or unique conferencing experience. Coupling luxury, self-contained villa accommodation in one, two and three bedroom configurations with thoughtful in-room appointments and elegant furnishings, each apartment features a modern kitchen, dryer, spacious living and dining areas and private balcony overlooking the resort's verdant bushland and 18-hole championship golf course. The resort also features a selection of superior onsite leisure facilities set against an exquisite backdrop - ensuring guests can enjoy more active pursuits or simply relax in serene surroundings. Enjoy a game of tennis or golf, dine at the onsite Bodega restaurant and bar, unwind in the swimming pool and spa, work out in the fully-equipped gymnasium or Bike Hire is also available for purchase. Cypress Lakes Resort is also just a stones throw from the indulgent Golden Door Day Spa, where guests can choose from an extensive menu of pampering treatments. For all types of occasions and both short and longer stays, Cypress Lakes Resort by Oaks Hotels & Resorts is the Hunter Valleys premier resort destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Oaks Cypress Lakes Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cypress Lakes Hotel Pokolbin
- Cypress Lakes Pokolbin
- Cypress Lake Resort
- Cypress Lakes Resort
- Oaks Cypress Lakes Resort Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin