Stayed with my partner here for 2 nights April 12th / 13th. Whilst we made the most of our time in Pokolbin and had a very enjoyable experience as a whole, I could not recommend this resort to anyone whilst in its current condition. Our villa with spa was what you would expect if you stepped into a 1995 time capsule, even complete with one of those old picture tube tv's.
The spa did not work and was dirty, the shower door was broken, the lounge / chairs were uncomfortable and we could hear every movement our neighbouring guests made (at seemingly amplified levels) through paper thin walls / ceilings.
We experienced very hit and miss levels of customer service here, most of the employees did not want to know us and avoided eye contact at all times, else they may have actually had to serve or assist us "the guests". Breakfast time was a site to behold and not for the faint hearted, too many people being fed in such a small area doesn't make a relaxing start to the day.
The Golf course was enjoyable but still showed the signs of neglect that plague the rest of this resort. My partner said the Elysa health retreat / day spa next door was great but I believe that is run by another company.
Overall if you got a great deal, say less then $200 per night it may be ok value, but at the prices thay are charging and the age / neglect of this resort you have so many other better valued options in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HUNTER VALLEY ACCOMMODATION BY OAKS HOTELS Located in the beautiful wine district of the Hunter Valley, Oaks Cypress Lakes is a 25 acre premier resort providing Hunter Valley accommodation. Over $20m recent capital investment in this rural resort that includes 200 Villas, two restaurants and two bars, over 1500sqm of exceptional Meeting, Conference and Event facilities and a 6,487 meter par 72 18-hole championship golf course ranked among the top resort courses in Australia. The Hunter Valley is only two hours from Sydney. Scenic drives past endless rows of gnarly vines are a given, so are grazing cattle and mobs of kangaroos, and everything from tutored wine-tastings and boutique brews to cooking classes, festivals, award-winning restaurants and hot-air balloon flights. Choose from a range of picture perfect Hunter Valley accommodation options to suit your needs at Oaks Cypress Lakes Resort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oaks Cypress Lakes Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cypress Lakes Hotel Pokolbin
- Cypress Lakes Pokolbin
- Cypress Lake Resort
- Cypress Lakes Resort
- Oaks Cypress Lakes Resort Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin