“Picturesque Cellar Door”

Book In Advance
More Info
$57.75*
and up
Audrey Wilkinson Vineyard: Private Picnic with...
Ranked #14 of 119 things to do in Pokolbin
More attraction details
Owner description: The Wilkinson's were true pioneers of the Australian winemaking industry. Despite two earlier ventures in Australia, the Wilkinson family returned after the brothers Frederick and John had studied winemaking in France and Germany. In 1866 the family acquired the present site of the Audrey Wilkinson vineyard. Living in tents, they cleared the land and planted vines which were sourced from the MacArthur Onslow property. By the early 1900s, Audrey Wilkinson collected awards around Australia for his Hock, claret and fortified wines. Large quantities were exported to London. Audrey committed to leading edge technology which, at the end of the 19th century, included open cement fermenters and steam powered crushers and hoppers. It was here the Audrey Wilkinson legacy was born.
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

You must make the journey up the hill to Audrey Wilkonson's cellar door! The view is stunning, and the wine tasting is great. I recommend you finish your tasting experience with the Vin de Vie!

All reviews
"my partner"
"two fat blokes"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed December 18, 2013

My partner and I booked Audrey Wilkinson 'The Dairy' for the weekend and it was absolutely perfect. The 2 bedroom spacious cottage is warm and homely. In my opinion It is surrounded by the most beautiful vineyard in the Hunter. It is absolutely stunning.
The accommodation is simple but good. We had some friends also meet us up there and there was more then enough room for all 4 of us.
The location is perfect close to Hope Estate for concerts and surrounded by other vineyards to visit. Good Value for a 2 bedroom cottage. We also received a complementary bottle of Audrey Wilkinson Sav,juice, milk, bread and more in the fridge :)
Would defiantly recommend a visit and stay, we would defiantly stay there again.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We recently stayed at The Dairy.

We found this accommodation to be very basic. The living area feels like a converted garage, the kitchen was old and damaged and our bed was hard. But most of all, the place just feels unloved which seems to be in direct contract to the rest of the estate.

What a shame given that the geographic location is truly beautiful (though the Dairy is not set up to be able to sit and enjoy the view).

We would not stay here again and would not recommend it to anyone unless you are looking for a crash pad.

1  Thank AmyLeeSydney
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We enjoyed our wine tasting experience at Audrey Wilkinson. As expected their semillon and shiraz were the pick of their wine varieties. The staff were knowledgeable and courteous. We were fortunate that they were not too busy in the tasting room, which can get crowded. The views across the valley are simply stunning.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 1, 2013

On the Saturday that just passed, I took my girlfriend up to the Hunter Valley to propose to her. I chose Audrey Wilkinsons' vineyard as we were both taken there on a wine tour 6 months previous and we were blown away by its beauty. In the planning for the proposal, I stumbled across The Dairy as a place to stay. From the moment that I made my first booking enquiry, I was very impressed with all the staff's professionalism and enthusiasm to help out, none more so than Kate who organised all of my final finishing touches of Champagne and anti-pasto platter on arrival and being ever so kind to organise early and late check-outs.
The Dairy itself was quaint and charming with its fireplace, absolute serenity, beautiful uninteruppted views of the surrounding vineyards and a more importantly just a 50m stumble home from the cellar door!! In the end my girlfriend said YES and i'm so happy to now call her my fiance'!
I'd like to once again thank Kate and her team for helping me out with all the planning over the weekend and we highly recommend The Dairy for a couples weekend away or a weekend away with friends or family!