“Lovely breakfast for two, with some beautiful scenery” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurant Cuvee

Restaurant Cuvee
Ranked #16 of 73 Restaurants in Pokolbin
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Part of the vineyard Peterson's Champagne House
Sydney, Australia
“Lovely breakfast for two, with some beautiful scenery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

We arrived at Peterson's, after it was recommended to us by the staff at the information centre, without a reservation and were seated at the best table in the house. Overlooking the vineyard and mountains of the hunter valley. I ordered the champagne breakfast and it was delicious although my champagne arrived after I finished my meal. On paying the bill I received a complimentary bottle of champagne for the mix-up, which was a nice touch. A great way to start the day in the Hunter Valley! The chocolates were delicious too!

• Visited January 2012

Sydney, Australia
“Very very average on all fronts”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

My husband and I decided to have a nice lunch for NYE rather than dinner and chose Petersons thinking oysters, bubbles and a vineyard outlook would be a pleasant way to pass a couple of hours.

Our major problem was with our waitress who was gruff, lacked basic service skills and made little effort to get the details of our order right. For example, when we finished our glasses of "champagne," she said we could reuse them for our bottle of wine, rather than bring us clean wine glasses (instead of flutes). When she eventually brought clean glasses, she opened the wine and just poured it without even offering either of us a taste. Later, my request for some fresh lemon with my oysters and an extra fork for my husband was completely ignored. Similarly, the salad we have ordered to have with our mains was full of the walnuts we had explicitly requested to be omitted. Fortunately another waitress started her shift and she was fantastic in quickly sorting out our issues - I believe her name was Felicity.

The food too was very average, partiularly with regards to the the oysters (a supposed feature of the restaurant and oyster bar) which were incredibly dry and clearly not shucked that day. My scallops were ok, as were my husbands zucchini flowers, but his pork striploin was grey and tough. Of our six restaurant meals over the long weekend, this was the most disappointing.

Market Rasen, United Kingdom
“Great Food, Average Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

I ordered the tenderloin steak and my son the duck and both meals were first class. However, again, the service at Restaurant Cuvee leaves a lot to be desired. We wanted to leave for our wine tasting tour of the Hunter Valley but no amount of signalling seemed to attract our waitress. Eventually, we paid at the entrance as you do in a cafe. As soon as the place began to become busy, the wait staff seem to be overrun. There seems to be no maitre d' available to organise them. Beautiful food, though a little expensive at $100 for bread, two mains and two sides, no alcohol.

• Visited December 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Improve your service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2011

We waited for an hour for our first thing to eat. Surely the bread and oil doesn't take much preparation. We had to get our own menus and asked for water three times. The food then came one course after another.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
“Champagne Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

The breakfast was amazing! The champagne to die for.... we will be back!

Visited October 2011