“A+ Best choice for private tour of the Hunter Valley. Great day.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Aussie Wine Tours - CLOSED

Aussie Wine Tours
Gosford, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A+ Best choice for private tour of the Hunter Valley. Great day.”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Excellent! Peter was experienced and knew all the best places. Let us completely design our itinerary. Lunch was fantastic and it was an all round great day and great value!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank AshK91

Vista, California USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Only Way to See Hunter Valley Wine Country”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I have been to the Hunter Valley before with friends living in the area, but they were unable to provide transport and time to self tour Hunter Valley winieries on this trip to Australia. I found this tour while researching how to get to Hunter Valley from Sydney where we finished a Crystal Cruise that started in New Zealand. I am from Southern California, so renting a car and driving on the other side of the road was not an option. Peter provided transport from Sydney to our hotel and back to Sydney at the end of our stay. This was the best wine country tour ever, including those I have been on in New Zealand and California. Having extensive knowledge and contacts with all 150 wineries in Hunter Valley, he taylored the tour to our tastes and wineries where we received VIP treatment at every stop. Finding a gem of a winery at Piggs Peake was the highlight of our tour. Knowing the best restaurants in the area for dining also made this tour the absolute best. I plan to return to the Hunter Valley to tour more wineries. It is with Peter as our guide that will draw us back again. Thank you for the best, most memorable experience ever.
Sharon H

Visited February 2013
3 Thank Sharon H
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best way to taste wine in the Hunter Valley”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Peter was the best tour guide we have ever had in the Hunter Valley. My wife and I with our two friends had the best time on this private tour. Peter was able to cater to our tastes and book in private tastings to a few places we wanted to see and then he took us to places we never knew about and got us hooked on a few new wineries. He also took care of our lunch booking to fit in perfectly with our wine tastings. Peter had great stories to tell us about all the wineries and all the locals in the area and he seemed to know everyone which worked well with the private tastings. We will be booking Aussie Wine Tours again and again!

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Andrew B
Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Private and Perfect perfect perfect”
Reviewed January 28, 2012

I came across this tour while trying to find a private tour. My husband and i have done a few winery tours in the past varying in size from 6 ppl to 20ppl. Although they have their charms we always found that we missed out on the boutique experience and flexibility we wanted. This time we decided to bite the bullet and pay that little bit extra for our own tour that would let us focus on what we wanted to focus on. By gosh i am so glad we did! Peter showed up at our agreed time (on the dot) and after a short conversation about what kind of wines we enjoy drinking and the type of places we wanted to visit, Peter got us on our way. He was so knowledgable, so helpful and knew exactly where to take us. We have been to the hunter before and Peter introduced us to some gems we didnt know exsisted. Due to his relationships we were given the red carpet treatment practically everywhere we went ... i cant wait to go back again and re-book and see where he takes us next time!

Visited January 2012
3 Thank kazsaau
Sydney, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Unbelievable”
Reviewed December 19, 2011

My wife and I visited the Hunter Valley in October and having visited the region several times before and getting a little bored with the same old same old bus tours we did some research and found Aussie Wine Tours. These guys only offer private tours for up to 4 people. They are featured in a publication called Australias Best Wine tours so we thought we might give them a go.
Well our guide for the day was Peter who just happens to own the business and who he does not know in wine country is not worth knowing. He questioned us at length on our likes and dislikes explained things to us about wine tasting that we never knew and when I asked a silly question he was straight on to it and took us to a little winery and did a full personalised tour of the facilities. We learnt so much on this tour ,tasted some exceptional wines [most not on normal tastings] and just had a great day. Peter was professional and courteous while being casual making us feel special but relaxed. I can not reccommend this tour highly enough goodbye buses and Peter we will be back thankyou from both of us.

Visited October 2011