Open today: 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Two Fat Blokes Gourmet Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Pokolbin
from $91.60
from $113.60
from $128.30
More Info
All reviews half day tour our tour guide wine and cheese wine matching hunter gatherers great tour progressive lunch highly recommend this tour great afternoon gourmet tour different wineries boutique wineries great company great cheese these guys my partner visited wineries
Reviewed February 10, 2017 via mobile

These guys are fantastic. They are so friendly and knowledgeable. Lots of fun and took us to great wineries. Very organized and great customer service.

Reviewed February 7, 2017

We did a 1/2day wine tour on a Saturday morning and it was fantastic. It ticked all the boxes. Lovely driver, small group, generous wine tastings with knowledgeable hosts at boutique wineries, great variety in terms of choice of vineyards and wines on offer and to top it all off the tour ended with a cheeseplate and matching wines - heaven!

Reviewed February 6, 2017 via mobile

Quite disappointing. The tour itself didn't live up to the hype and review from all others I read up on it. The driver cum tour guide mumbled on the microphone and seemed disinterested in the group from start to finish. He didn't build up aby group dynamic which is essentially the role of a guide (that used to be my job).

The wineries visited were basically cellar door tastings. There wasn't an education or history behind the wine making process or the region, nor did they teach the basics of wine appreciation (what to look for, how to serve, etc.). You just came in and sampled different wines

You're better off hiring a designated driver for the day and go cellar hopping on your own since cellar door tastings are free anyway.

The scrumptious lunch set up was a medley of deli finds. So expect to be served a cold plate of lunch comprising: a cold slice of roast beef, a cold piece of roast chicken leg, pickled shallots, peppers and artichokes, grilled zucchini slices, a cherry tomato on a small bed of greens, 2 slithers if prosciutto, 2 slices of salami, and of course a slice of cheese. The whole group would share 2 bottles of wine between them.

In the end, it's your tour mates who will define the outcome of your tour since your tastebuds would have been botched by the 3rd tasting session anyway. We were fortunate enough to have an awesome group. I used to work as a tour operator myself, so I would know how crucial the tour guide and members plays a role in the whole experience.

I wouldn't hesitate spending more for a more luxurious provider if that would assure a more hospitable experience and less drop-off-bugger-off type of a tour.

Reviewed February 6, 2017

Despite it being a day of intense heat..44C.. we were chaffeured around in air con comfort which made each wine tasting a pleasure. Our guide Byran was an absolute gem, both with his humour and knowledge of the area. Our group included people from US, UK, India and Phillipines with me being the only Aussie! We were still enjoying each others company way after the tour finished, at 10 pm in the pool !Only suggestion I would make it to provide a lunch that caters to most tastes and a vegetarians. Most didn't like antipasto so another option should have been available. You really do need to eat sometime on an all day wine tasting tour)

Reviewed February 4, 2017

Our tour guide Brian was the man, he is incredibly knowledgeable about wines and what to do when visiting wineries. He was prompt and willing to think outside the box to keep us entertained. Brian also has an excellent way of putting things into perspective that made all the information easy to understand. My wife and I will definitely be back!