Open today: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM

More Info
from $141.81
More Info
2,284 results
All reviews half day tour our tour guide wine and cheese wine matching great tour progressive lunch highly recommend this tour different wineries great afternoon boutique wineries great company hunter valley small group my partner last stop great wineries local knowledge
Selected filters
Reviewed January 7, 2017 via mobile

Friendly and experienced guide, its was great that we focused on the more boutique wineries - outstanding wine sampling, nibbles and lunch. Next time back in the Hunter will definitely book with the fat blokes again and again

Date of experience: December 2016
Reviewed January 6, 2017

We had the full 'Gourmet' tour which was 7+ hours of eating and wine tasting/drinking. Thoroughly good fun with genial host Julie. You get several tastings all of which involve tasting six or more wines, you get to blend your own bottle of wine, and you get breakfast, lunch and a cheese tasting. We didn't need dinner!

Reviewed January 6, 2017

Barrels of wine was to be expected. Barrels of laughs on the all-day tour was not. But the warm hospitality flowed just as freely as the wine that filled our glasses with Two Fat Blokes tour guide Julie, entertaining my partner and I with her wit, humour and knowledge of the Hunter Valley region. Visiting five of the Valley's finest winemakers, we were able to gain an appreciation for the skilful and delicate process involved in transforming a dull grape into a fine drop and were even able to try our hand at wine blending - a process that involved the culumation of three whites. Upon my request, Julie - affectionately known as Jules - even stopped by the Hunter Valley Chocolate Factory, perched proudly on the hilltop. It's a must do for chocoholics! Lunch at the Two Fat Blokes Restaurant was yum in the tum, as was the cheese and wine matching and sampling that followed. Thank you Two Fat Blokes for an amazing tour. You delivered so much more than expected and to that, I'm raising my glass! Tara Cooper.

Reviewed January 6, 2017

I went on the full day tour recently. While I had a great time drinking the wine, eating the cheese and chocolate, and soaking in the views, the tour itself had some obvious logistical/ organisational issues given the company's recent expansion. There were issues with the tour's schedule, which caused confusion and some minor delays during the day. There was also confusion with the mixture of half and full day group tours and how that was being coordinated. At one winery there was miscommunication about the numbers attending so we had to wait for more seats to be set up, and later we had to wait for over fifteen minutes for the van to pick us up.
The lunch could also definitely be improved (mainly oily, tasteless antipasto).
Overall, an enjoyable day with an excellent tour guide, however, some issues need to be addressed by the company.

Reviewed January 5, 2017 via mobile

We had a fabulous time on our half day tour. Phil was an amazing driver, so knowledgeable about the area as well as the wines. We were a family of 8 who were up for a fun time and a laugh and Phil fit in with us. He was very accomodating with our special requests and went out of his way to make sure we all had a great time.

My husband and I are already organising another trip to the hunter with friends and will be definitely booking a two fat blokes tour.

Fleur