Open today: 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Two Fat Blokes Gourmet Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Pokolbin
from $91.60
from $113.60
from $128.30
More Info
All reviews half day tour our tour guide wine and cheese wine matching hunter gatherers great tour progressive lunch highly recommend this tour great afternoon gourmet tour different wineries boutique wineries great company great cheese these guys my partner visited wineries
Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Great little place on the beautiful hunter hills.. cheese and wine tasting was great!
The Shiraz and tempranillo were good as well as the feta cheese and washed rind. Good knowledge from the staff. A little bit too laid back from my point of view. They need to be more organised. Overall great experience with good food

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

We were met by our guide Clive, who was courteous, happy, and well organised. And that set the tone for the day. We joined 4 other couples for a day of wine tasting, matching wines with cheese, and chocolate. Finished off with a visit to a micro brewery for a cleansing ale.

The picnic lunch was outstanding anti pasta with salads and fresh sourdough rolls. Tasty and fresh.

We are not much for going on “tours” but this one did not disappoint us at all, and if anything makes us rethink. We might do more tours in the future.

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

The tour was well organised and the bus very comfortable. The driver, Heidi, was very engaging and humorous. The wineries we visited provided a great variety of wines but none of the winery settings per se were spectacular which was a bit disappointing as the Hunter has so many of them available. The cheese / wine combination at the last winery was thoughtful and well presented... and did provide magnificent views across the valley which again disappointingly, were quickly extinguished when the blinds were pulled down..... One of the group didn’t drink wine at all so next time I would make arrangements with the tour group to cater for them at each venue with local beers.... still though, a great day out and I would do it again.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Many thanks for a great afternoon great local knowledge and some great stories along the way.
Finished with a great cheese and wine matching experience at Two Fat Blokes Kitchen
Family visiting from Japan loved the tour
And had a great time to.
Will be trying the full day tour next time
Great way to experience the Hunter Valley without the worry of driving.
Cheers
Chris- Fumi - Yuko and Kazumi

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I didn’t enjoy being chastised as a group by the bus driver Heidi before the first winery
The first and second winery we were taken to were completely rude and condescending and yet complained we were loud but the second winery staff said they were all hungover from their Christmas party so were already in a space of probably not wanting to be at work, it was a place with Adore chocolate tasting with wine. We refused to spend any money due to the young male host there.
What made it worse was our tour guide Heidi advising us that she had complaints that we were one of the most rudest groups and said that they could not get access to those wineries again.....is there not enough in the Hunter to go to ?
Honestly it’s not the first time I have been on a tour with this company and the experience with Clive as a tour guide was soooo positive but this time around it was negative before we started that most of our group just did not wish to buy anything or spend big as we usually do.
I dont feel comfortable to use this company again and I think your tour guides need to learn a thing or two off Clive as he manages groups very well and understands it’s a wine tour and that people do get loud and happy
It’s shouldn’t need to feel like a school excursion.
I would actually like a refund of our $170 please...... waste of my life yesterday

Date of experience: November 2018
4  Thank Shell W
hvwino, Owner at Two Fat Blokes Gourmet Tours, responded to this reviewResponded yesterday

After consulting all parties involved, both our staff and our partner venues, the only conclusion I can draw is that your group of 6 were rude, self-consumed, loud and inconsiderate to the other guests that joined your tour. It is always going to be challenging when you are greeted with: “We are only out to get drunk today, not interested in the commentary etc.” I would have cancelled your tour there & then. Heidi, to her credit, decided to take the risk and tried to make sure that you were looked after, even though it proved to be an impossible task.
I have full confidence in Heidi and she is an excellent tour guide.
Even during our cheese & wine experience, held at our temporary restaurant we had guests complaining about how loud and childish your group was, screaming at the top of your voice at each other, showing no consideration to others.
You were a disgraceful spoilt group of brats. One member of your tour group took aside one of our staff grabbed her by the arm and quietly told her how embarrassed she was about the behaviour of the others in the group.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Heidi was our tour guide and she was the singularly worst tour guide I have ever experienced. She has no idea about customer service at all. She chastised us for talking in the bus before we even got to the first winery. We have previously done this tour with Clive and it was fantastic, which is why we came again. Heidi has changed that experience for us. When we were at the wineries and told them we were with Heidi, they rolled their eyes and said "no comment". Heidi, learn how to treat customers. I would never do this tour with Heidi as a driver again.

Date of experience: November 2018
5  Thank Kellyland

See response to a review by another member of this group. Nothing to add.