“A Must Do”

Balloon Aloft Hunter Valley Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Balloon Aloft took to the skies for the first time back in 1980 becoming Australia’s very first hot air ballooning company. With over 30 years experience in providing the ultimate flight experience, Balloon Aloft has been recognised with numerous national, state and regional tourism awards including many Best Adventure Tourism Operator awards. A family run company, Balloon Aloft is dedicated to providing the very best ballooning adventure to each and every passenger.
Scotland, United Kingdom
119 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 181 helpful votes
“A Must Do”
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

I was a bit nervous about doing a balloon ride but boy am I glad I did it, what an experience I was no sooner on the ground and I was planning to do it again. A very professional organisation with an experienced crew and pilot put me at my ease. Being of pension age was no barrier to climbing out and in the basket and added to the fun for the onlookers but can't wait for my next balloon trip pity we were not staying in the area longer, or would have booked up immediately.

Visited July 2014
Balloon_Aloft, Manager at Balloon Aloft Hunter Valley Day Tours, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time share your ballooning experience here. I am so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your adventure with us and we look forward to flying with you again sometime in the future.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“What an experience”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I was bought a gift certificate as a birthday present, and just this weekend have redeemed. The operation is completely professional, all the crew friendly and helpful from directing us into the car park at an exceedingly early hour (the draw back of ballooning) to all aspects of the operation. I was totally impressed by the chief pilot, Matt, how took the time to search out the best spot for us to launch from (assessing the initial launch spot as unfavourable). This led to a ride of over an hour I would say, where as a competitor ballooning company launched from a site which Matt and his team had assessed as not offering as favourable conditions. Their journey ended far sooner than ours! They were well organised and knowledgeable I could not fault this experience.

Visited July 2014
Balloon_Aloft, Manager at Balloon Aloft Hunter Valley Day Tours, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your ballooning adventure experience here. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your flight with us (early morning and everything!) and that Matt and the team were able to use their experience to give you the very best flight possible. Although he is unlikely to mention it, Matt is actually the current Australian National Ballooning Champion so you were in very capable and skilled hands when it comes to both flying and selecting the best launch site.

Lovedale, Australia
“Magical Morning!”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed the serene experience of floating above the beautiful Hunter Valley! Breathtaking views followed by a lovely breakfast including wine tasting at Peterson House. The crew were amazing with pilot Matt pointing out other attractions in the Valley. Highly recommend this experience to everyone! Thanks to the whole Balloon Aloft team for a memorable morning!

Visited May 2014
Balloon_Aloft, Manager at Balloon Aloft Hunter Valley Day Tours, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write your wonderful review. I am so glad that you had a memorable morning with Matt and the Balloon Aloft team.

Newcastle, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Suprise!”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Great morning! I was surprised with this lovely experience for my birthday by my boyfriend. It was indeed an amazing experience! The team at Balloon Aloft were amazing and worked very hard to get the hot air balloon going as apparently the conditions were not that good (and no other hot air balloon company in the hunter valley went up that day). The weather turned out fantastic, it was calm, sunny and no wind. The pilot Yoshi was great to, explained everything to us and made us feel safe, great breakfast afterwards. Well worth it if you’ve ever wanted to do it!

Visited June 2014
What a great birthday surprise! I am very pleased to hear that you both had a great time on your Balloon Aloft flight and that the experience and knowledge of Yosh and the ground team meant that you were able to go for your flight (and in such lovely weather!).

Regards,

Medowie, Australia
“Perfect morning and felt so safe!”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Balloon Aloft Hunter Valley is a great company that truly looked after my partner and I on June the 7th. The weather turned out perfect, clear skies!! We were greeted and welcomed by the friendly staff straight away arriving at Petersons at 6 with complimentry biscuits and tea/coffee ( we needed something to keep us awake). Then we headed off to a paddock into our groups to set up the hot air balloon which was great fun to see it all come together. Yoshi was our Pilot who was super nice and made us feel so comfortable and safe throughout the hot air balloon ride. The scenery was amazing.. nothing else describes the beautiful Hunter Valley. The breakfast was delicious and there were several options to choose from. It was so nice to be able to test taste the wines and receive a complimentry champagne on arrival. The day couldnt have gone better. Thank you Balloon Aloft Hunter Valley.

Visited June 2014
Balloon_Aloft, Manager at Balloon Aloft Hunter Valley Day Tours, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your amazing review. We are very happy to hear how much you enjoyed your ballooning experience with us and that you felt safe during your adventure with us.